News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TO LOCO BILL

Started by jsmvmd, October 14, 2009, 01:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsmvmd

Dear Bill,

How the heck are you ?  I saw your comment on battery power and R/C on MLS recently and posted there, but it did not come up.

http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/aff/35/aft/112572/afv/topic/Default.aspx

Thus, it is re-posted, or re-posited, here.

I have an Annie that I want to convert to battery power, separate charger, to be used with TE.  It will be for indoor use a few hours at a time with my two little boys.  Do you have a simple way you can describe to me easily and quickly ?

Remember, I am electrically challenged, but have a son who is getting a degree in elec. tech. in high school and likes anything with electrons.

I already have the TE.  Would appreciate a run through the schematic, and what batteries I would need.

Hope all is well with you.  Remember, you have a standing invite for coffee and doughnuts any time you want to come here.  We can watch choo-choo's all day !

FYI, I was at the EBT Fall Spectacular last Sat pm and saw #15 from ten feet, against one of the shop bldgs, backlit with quite impressive fireworks.  Silvery steam everywhere !  She was backed up to the roundhouse turntable.  The engineer and fireman were sitting on the cow catcher watching the fireworks, too.  Good Old No. 15 had a problem all day with a balky air pump lubricator.  The evening train ride was delayed 30 minutes at the start, and stopped a mile out from the terminal due to low air pressure.  They had to back out M-7 to pull us in the last mile or two !  I was in an open flatcar about 1.5 hours, quite cold, but warmed by the experience !  Wish you could have been there !

Best Wishes,

Jack

Loco Bill

Jack, Wish I was there!!  I sent you a private email about the Annie,  It should be of help to you.

You sent me a private message on MLS, and that is why it didn't show up, but I did get it and that is why I responded before seeing this tonight.

Let me know if you didn't get it or maybe check you spam filter.

Let me know what TE you have, 27Mhz, 75 mhz or the new Revolution.  give me the info as a personal email reply to the one I sent you. I will help If I can.

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

jsmvmd

Dear Bill,

Got it !  Thanks for the great information.  Just what the doctor ordered !

Will discuss this with my elec tecky son and see when he wants to help me get started.

Hope to have some pix one of these old days. If I can get the kid free, that is.  The kid has girls barking at the moon, he is so good looking.  Sure didn't get it from me !

Doughnuts, fresh made Friday pm.  You coming ?

Best Wishes,

Jack