News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Plasticville bridge in current Gazette

Started by Woody Elmore, September 23, 2009, 12:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody Elmore

The current Gazette has a review of a kit by Micro-Mark that modifies the Plasticville bridge for On30 or S scale. I had a Plasticville bridge fifty years ago and it is very comforting to see that they still are available.

This kit will make a decent looking bridge available for a reasonable price. I bet we'll see a lot of bridge kitbashing thanks to this kit.

max (uk)

I have two of these intended for On30 use, so I will try and see if I can get a copy of the article.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
As it happens, I built one yesterday.  It took about an hour, and it really looks nice.
Try one!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Woody Elmore

Quote from: max (uk) on September 23, 2009, 03:56:10 PM
I have two of these intended for On30 use, so I will try and see if I can get a copy of the article.
Max - there is not much to the article; it is a review. Basically MicroMark has produced a laser cut plywood assembly which becomes the floor of the bridge.
Maybe the Bach-man would be nice enough to post a picture of the bridge he assembled.

max (uk)

Oh right, I thought it was going to be something like changing the size of it. As its just a deck kit I would rather make my own.

glennk28

I have been in contact with the manufacturer (not Micro Mark) regarding doing a similar kit for the Lionel #12772 truss bridge--the Lionmel bridge is a full 2 feet long and a bit heavier--I was going to scratch build such a frame for the Lionel bridge but hope we can get this mfr to do it. 

I have bought three of the MM/Plasticville bridges.   gj