News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 U-Link and Pins from EZ-Mates Update

Started by hminky, September 24, 2009, 04:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

I have updated the article about making U-Link_n_Pins from EZ-Mates. We eliminate the "pencil neck".

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/ez_link_n_pins/

Thank you if you visit
Harold

rich1998

i would suggest o save harolds pages to your pc
his site goes away sometimes
lex

hminky

Quote from: lexon on September 30, 2009, 12:28:41 PM
i would suggest o save harolds pages to your pc
his site goes away sometimes
lex

All sites eventually go off the internet. In the six years my site has been on the net, six sites I had links to no longer exist. That is why I rarely link to a site. How many books go out of print and can't be found? I didn't put my HO material back up due to total lack of interest in early twentieth century railroading.

Harold

railtwister

Hi Harold,

I wouldn't say there is a TOTAL lack of interest, as an example, pick up a copy of the new Craftsman, they have done a special issue on old time railroading, similar to their Traction special some months back. In the early Fifties, when I was a kid starting out in model railroading and reading MR, Craftsman, and Model Trains, the old time  era was much more common, but now what was contemporary in those years is now considered "old time". Time marches on...

Regards, Bill

hminky

The ten or so people who are interested in late-nineteenth-early twentieth century model railroading will always insist that there is an interest.

Harold

rwiseha

I really like your website, and you can another modeler for the late 18th-earlu 20th century era. Thanks Harold.
Rex :)

Woody Elmore

Harold - Once again your work is masterful. The conversion is clever and really works. I wouldn't be too worried about the actual appearance. There aren't too many people around who can speak from experience about the coupler's appearance.

Your work makes me want to pack up model railroading and take up collecting things - like beer steins (after they are emptied, of course.)

Jim Banner

Harold,
Make that twelve.  I'm the closet railroader who is planning & building an 1880's railway as seen in about 1900.  Still relatively new, badly underfunded, but nothing decrepit yet.  I find your website a good reference and a great inspiration.  Please keep it up.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

NarrowMinded

I'm going to convert all the couplers on the G scale steamer that runs around the top of my daughters room to these style couplers, this should put an end the the occasional "GHOST" uncoupling that occurs (that's who my daughter says uncouples them)  and before anyone says it I can't stand hook and loop couplers.

N.M.