News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez track question

Started by ricknsteven, February 05, 2007, 05:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricknsteven

I working on my/ our first set together. I have a problem that i need help with. This is h/o silver nickle track, i picked up a 90 degress crossing and when I connected it together i had no power. I now realize that it created a short circuit but how do i fix it. My 5 y/o and i are new to this hobby, pls help

Thanks

ebtbob

Good Morning,

Without seeing a track plan,  the best I can guess is that you have a reverse loop on your railroad.   If you can go into a segment of you track via a turnout and come back out that track via the same turnout then you have a reverse loop which requires special wiring.   Best way I can help you visualize would be to imagine a figure 8 railroad.   Once you have either or both sides of the 8 connected by straight track you created a reverse loop.
       Since you are new to the hobby,  I strongly suggest you get one of the Atlas beginners books.   They will show you how to wire a reverse loop or wye track using their components and they make it very easy.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Paul M.

There is a Kalmbach book about wiring that you might want to read. If if you are going to be making a temporary layout, you might just want to re-arrange the track instead  of doing fairly complicated wiring for a beginner. Remember, if the train can reverse it's direction on your layout, there's going to be a short circuit. ;)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

BIG BEAR

Shut off power to reset power box. Always shut off and unplug power before any track moving or restructuring.

Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.