News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

eisenhower locomotive

Started by jbourey, October 02, 2009, 08:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbourey

I have a Bachmann Dwight D Eisenhower commemorative locomotive and tender in a wooden box with a certificate stating that it is #110 of 500.  It is HO scale and is in like new condition.  I'm trying to find out when it was made and an approximate value for estate purposes.  One collector told me it's not really worth anything but I'm not sure if he's correct.  Any input or advice about where to look further would be helpful.  Thanks!
Jim

Jim Banner

If you can find a Dwight D Eisenhower memorabilia collector, it might be worth something more than just another locomotive.  If you can find TWO Dwight D Eisenhower memorabilia collectors, then the price can increase quite a bit as they bid against one another.  Now if you could find two Dwight D Eisenhower memorabilia collectors who were also model railroaders, the sky would be the limit.  It sometimes happens on eBay.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

rogertra

If it's Bachmann UK then it's OO scale, 4mm to the foot, that runs on "HO" scale track.

Pacific Northern

Note that there were auctions on this very engine, it is somewhat valuable. Note also there are various editions of this engine.

http://www.vectis.co.uk/auccat.php?auction_id=41&cat=Bachmann+Railways

Pacific Northern

jbourey

thanks to all you folks who gave me info on this.  ebay seems like the place to go to sell and or establish a value.