News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Kadee couplers for G scale Climax

Started by AndyS, October 06, 2009, 06:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyS

I have a Bachmann G scale Climax.  I want to install Kadee couplers.  The Kadee instructions tell me to remove the original coupler bracket from the truck.  The directions inform me to see the exploded view of the side frame, brake shoe and coupler assembly in the operator's manual on page 28.   Here's the problem - I do not have this manual.  How do I remove the coupler bracket?    Is there a way to get a copy of this page?  I contacted sales and they do not have replacement manuals.  You are also instructed to see page 23.

Jon D. Miller

Andy,
The coupler bracket is attached to the motor block with a Phillips head screw.  That screw is hidden behind what could be described as a small door. That "door" slides down from the top in two slots.  The "door" has to be slid up to expose the Phillips head screw.  Look close at the coupler bracket where it is attached to the motor block.  That little door is on the face of the bracket at the motor block.  Usually a small flat blade screw driver can be used to pry that little "door" up from the bottom exposing the Phillips head screw.

Takes less than a minute to remove the "door" and take out the Phillips head screw.

Not sure what you would gain by looking at page 23. On page 23 "Frame and Superstructure."  Only item relating to a Kadee coupler that's illustrated is the link and pin draw head.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

AndyS

Thanks Jon for the fast and most helpful reply.  Thanks to all who read these questions and offer suggestions.

glennk28

Kadee has a lot of conversion sheets on their site.  I have worked with Sam on some of these.  TGhey have just intorduced a new, more scale-appearing line of couplers--I'm going by the factory tomorrow to get some--gj