News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Suggestions for new products

Started by Alex Butner, October 08, 2009, 07:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezra_Sharp

I wouldn't mind seeing a On30 2-4-0, something with some Old Time charm to it with Fluted Domes, Box Headlamp, Wood Cab and Pilot, and a baloon or Radley Hunter style stack. I've got a drawing I made of it, I'll have to track it down and post it later.

ChrisS

I agree with a heisler.
How about a rotary plow???

Tomcat

Folks, must we be a pain in the neck to the Bachmann,
as we still may opt for a Heisler to complete the Logging Engine family.
Not to speak of a (not existing -???- Willamette in 3ft gauge...)

BUT:  ;) ;) ;)if one asks me, I´d vote for a West Side Lumber No.2... ;) ;) ;)

OK, a more "modern" Shay would be something else pretty cool and oh, yes, please:
A Rotary would be acool thing to have too. Mustn´t follow a real Rotary, even a freelanced, cool lookin´ backwoodslike thing would be outstanding!!!

Cheers, Tom :) :) :)

Tomcat

Did I forget something for the Maine 2footers???

Maybe a nice Lokie: SR&RL No.23 or 24 or...???
This would make my day! :D :D :D
Tom

gmhtrains

Although Boulder Valley Models makes some nice On30 diesel or gasoline superstructures for Bachmann's small HO scale diesels, your company already owns the 44-ton, 45-ton and 70-ton mechanisms and should consider offering some ready-to-run "critters".

As for On30 rolling stock, an outside-braced, single-sheathed boxcar with door opening to the right would be at the top of my wantlist.

Ezra_Sharp

I'd be more than interested in a Rotary myself! And please let it be a steam one!  ;) And I'm all for a Heisler as well!

And I like the idea of smaller locomotives too, I would like to see an On30 version of the Large Scale 0-4-0 Saddle tanker Bachmann made a few years back. And like I had said above, an Old Time outside Frame 2-4-0. (still need to hunt down that drawing.    :-\ )

Now I want to throw this suggestion out there just for the heck of it and I hope some of you take interest. The prototype was a 3ft gauge 2-8-0, outside framed, and it ran on the White Pass & Yukon Route RR. I know Bachmann already has an outside frame 2-8-0 but the engine I speak of is an earlier built locomotive. I've noticed with a lot of Bachmann's new motive power a set of optional parts is included and quite often a Capped Stack it with it.

I think that this locomotive would fit in well with Bachmann's On30 Steam Fleet. It has a little bit of class and has a fairly generic look to it. Another reason for my suggestion of this locomotive it that fact that it uses the Vouclain Compound Cylinders. A unique feature that I find attractive. Now if Bachmann were to produce this locomotive in On30 I'd would want to see optional parts so the individual can customize the engine as they see fit, and even offer a version of the loco that uses traditional single expansion.

El Loco

Oh great! Just what we need  another geared  locomotive, a Heisler .  Count on another recipient for bad crown gears... >:(
ON the other hand
I agree with any Rod loco's  even a 44/45 tonner. Outer braced box car? Oh YES bring it on. :)

BKJ

Quote from: El Loco on December 02, 2009, 07:45:31 PM
Oh great! Just what we need  another geared  locomotive, a Heisler .  Count on another recipient for bad crown gears... >:(
ON the other hand
I agree with any Rod loco's  even a 44/45 tonner. Outer braced box car? Oh YES bring it on. :)

It would just be nice if Bachmann would "FIX" their already wonderful locos! ie the gear issue!

Bruce

El Loco

BKJ