News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 Locomotive

Started by Chuchuman, October 08, 2009, 10:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuchuman

Hi, everyone

The pilot truck on one of my 2-8-0 locomotives broke and the Bachmann on line catalog on the website does not have this part available for this locomotive.  however, the catalog show a Pilot truck for a  2-6-2 locomotive available.

Please let me know if the Pilot truck for the 2-6-2 locomotive will work on my 2-8-0 locomotive.

Thank you for your help.

ncc1701

I don't know about your question of using an alternative type truck for your loco, but in the case that would not work, I can only suggest that you get the contact information from this site and simply ship your locomotive to bachmann industries. (If you filled out the warranty card) There may be a repair/replacement charge, but in my experience (I have done this several times) it has never failed me.

However, I hope you can perform that little operation of yours nonetheless.

Chuchuman

Thank you so much for your suggestion.  I'm going to try that.

By the way, once I noticed that the truck was broken I did not try to run that locomotive.  Do you think it will work?

Chuchuman

In case anyone is interested, I realized that I had a 2-6-2 Locomotive so I took its Pilot Truck and tried on the 2-8-0.  It was a perfect fit.  I'm going to order the 2-6-2 Pilot Truck for the 2-8-0.

Thank you for your help.