News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Haulers Suggestions

Started by Alex Butner, October 11, 2009, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Butner

Mr. Bach-man, could you ask if the Wonderland Flyer could be a train set instead of limited edition please? Also, why not bring back the Ringmaster, Great Northern, and Thunderbolt Express? Please? Thanks.

the Bach-man

Dear Alex,
I'll ask!
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Alex Butner

Thank you Mr. Bach-man! I have another suggestion, how about Large Scale E-Z Track? It would be large scale track with a gray or black roadbed section. I think it would be a popular item since it would incorporate the same style wires that are used with E-Z Track. Could you please send that suggestion along too? Thank you.

R. J. Raleigh

Also Mr. Bachmann,
Don't forget a Spectrum C-16.
Thank you,
Robert

NarrowMinded

I'll second the large scale EZ track, But how expensive would that be in Nicklesilver?

NM

Nathan

Please bring back the Big Hauler 0-4-0.

Casey_Jones

Mr. Bach-man

Will Bachmann expand the Big Hauler loco line?  The 4-6-0 is nice and gets great reviews, but some variety would be nice.  Obviously the Big  Hauler line is still doing well (or else you would have ended it) so I'm sure any other locos you produced would sell.  I would love to see a DRGW/C&S/DSP  2-8-0 or 2-6-0 in the Big Hauler line.

Thank you

Alex Butner

You got my vote on the C-16. I'd love to see that in the Big Hauler line! That would be great to add variety. Thanks.

VirginiaCentral

Hey Mr. Bachmann, here is a suggestion: Why not make a "Big Hauler" 2-8-0 using the 4-6-0 boiler, cab, and tender as your starting point.  I know it's not 1:20.3 scale and it might not match any specific prototype, but it would fill the gap for an affordable 2-8-0 that many of us are looking for.  The only big change for Bachmann would be the frame and running gear.  The molds already exist for everything else.

As you well know, there is an aftermarket kit availble for converting the 4-6-0 into a 2-8-0, but it is expensive! I would much rather have from a whole new loco from Bachmann that's affordable than to spend big bucks on a mechanism to convert an existing loco.
Jerry Kay
Big Sandy & Cumberland Garden Railroad
Virginia Central & New River Railway & Navigation Co.
"I love the smell of coal smoke in the morning!"

Casey_Jones

Perfect idea!  I would love that.  I have seen several folks purchase the BBT 2-8-0 upgrade kit, (but like you said, not cheap) So their is an intrest in 2-8-0s and building them off of the 4-6-0 does not seem to bother anyone.   

Loco Bill

Hi All, 

It seems to me that Bachmann has pretty much given up on the 1:22.5 market and is focusing on the 1:20.3 market.   Nothing really new in 1:22.5 for many years, other than a few new road names, and "new" sets using the older equipment in new paint jobs, or repackaged.  Looks like 1:22.5 will be the mainstay only of the specialty retail market such as Bass Pro Shops, Orchard Supply Hardware, and Sam's Cub & Boscov's, or whom ever Bachman can get to buy them.  It would seem that they are leaving the 1:22.5  market for the cheaper trains to the likes of New Bright and Buddy-L.  I hope I am wrong and Bachmann will again put some priority on the development of new 1:22.5 items.  Many have contacted me and have said they cannot afford the new higher cost 1:20.3 items, even though they are very desirable.  They feel Bachmann is leaving them behind.  Bachamnn has evidently found that(or feels that) shorter runs of higher priced items are where the profit is.  If true, it is unlikely that Bachamnn will ever make really new 1:22.5 Items.

It would be nice if they could just do one NEW prototype paint scheme on each of the existing cars, Boxcar, Tank car, Reefer,  Hopper, Gondola,  Flat Car, and the cabooses.   It would be very easy to do. and several different road numbers on the cars would enhance sales.  It is my view that the same old runs with the same roadnumber have become very stale, and will lead to a decline in sales, if that has not already happened.

I use 1:22.5 Bachmann suposedly narrow guage items to represent standard guage on my railroad.   1:20.3 does not fit in with my railroad, as it is too big for what I am trying to do.  1:29th and 1:32th items from other manufacturers are too small to fit in.   So in that respect I am biased toward the Bachamnn 1:22.5 Items. 

All our Bach-man can do is make suggestions to management,  and he has passed on our requests for many years.  I feel that the higher management team has not felt it wise to continue robust developement of 1:22.5 items, and has decided to hang their hats on 1:20.3.

Enough of my opinion for one night.   I am not being critical of management, just commenting on what seems to be happening in the real world. 

Enjoy your 1:22.5 trains!!!!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

on30gn15

Quote from: Loco Bill on October 15, 2009, 10:13:41 PMIt would be nice if they could just do one NEW prototype paint scheme on each of the existing cars, Boxcar, Tank car, Reefer,  Hopper, Gondola,  Flat Car, and the cabooses. 

How about a wood sided boxcar done up with the old big circular logo for Southern?
The Milwaukee Road had a 3ft gauge line somewhere, do one up for them.
Rock Island used a big black and white version of their early 'shield' looking logo early on. I'd get one of those too.

Googled for some images but didn't find anything right quick.

Great place for HO old timer wooden boxcar decals here http://www.greatdecals.com/Griffin.htm would have good ideas.
Maybe a deal could be worked out to use his designs?
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Casey_Jones

The passenger car and freight car kits are a big help in building your 1:22.5 empire.  I did not expect to many more ready to run cars in every road name under the sun.  That would be unrealistic. I would however like some new locos.  Even I they are undecorated, it would be an improvement. 

Mr. Bach-man what say you?

Alex Butner

How about Tsunami sound fitted into Anniversary and Big Haulers trains as a standard feature? Please? Thanks.

Wade Colyer

Hi All:

Here's an easy one. Add pulpwood racks to the flat car.

Wade