are passenger cars available for the 1860s steam locos

Started by starcityphoto, October 09, 2009, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starcityphoto

I am new to N scale and just purchased the "Jupiter" steam loco.  I noticed that the Jupiter seems even smaller than the newer N locomotives and rolling stock. I would like to purchase the appropriate passenger cars for this time period. Are there any available?

Chuchuman

I was able to find some "Old Times"  passenger and cargo cars on eBay that go very well with my Jupiter locomotive.  You may want to try that it worked for me.

Good luck.

BaltoOhioRRfan

When i worked at my LHS, I saw some N Scale Old Time coaches by Athearn.(I worked in the HO Scale Department, but the N Scale department staging area was near my desk and saw quite a few things).

Round house produced some Central Pacific Railroad of California coaches which i got for my HO Scale version of the Jupiter. They may or may not do them in N Scale but I'm sure they would. They did em both in 36 ft and 50 ft Overtons and overlands.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

brokemoto

B-mann sold, and  may still sell, a coach and a combine to go with its eight wheeler.  If Bachpersonn has discontinued these, they are still out there at shows and many dealers still have them as NOS.

You can also try sunnyswarehouse on e-Bay.  They sell many B-mann items.  'Favoritespot' is another e-Bay vendor who sells many Bachmann items.

Roundhouse/MDC sold, and Athearn sells nineteenth century wood passenger cars.  The Athearns are strictly R-T-R while some MDCs were R-T-R, some came in shake-of-the-box kits.  There are two kinds:  fifty foot and thirty four foot.  Of the three kinds of nineteenth century wood passenger cars available, the B-mann eight wheeler looks best with the MDC/Athearn thirty four foot cars. 

There are four different types of MDC/Athearn cars:

In the fifty foot, there is a combine, coach, pullman and business car.  In the thirty four foot, there is a baggage, combine, coach and pullman.

MDC sold, and Athearn sells an 1880s 2-8-0 and 2-6-0.  They come in either colorful schemes, more appropriate to the 1860s and 1870s, as well as in black, russian iron or other such schemes appropriate to the 1880s and 1890s.

Athearn bought out MDC a few years back.  The Athearn products are copies of the MDC equipment.

Atlas sells an 1870s 2-6-0 that is based on a prototype built in the United States and sold to Japan.  Micro-Ace manufactured it for Atlas.  Atlas did have some of the Japanese detail replaced with North American details as well as North American paint schemes.