Thomas and the Magic Railroad ZTS version

Started by ZeldaTheSwordsman, October 15, 2009, 12:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I intend to write a version of Thomas and the Magic Railway that revives some of the good stuff lost with the film's final cut, while being written in the style of the Railway Series. (Inclusion of passengers, train crews, et cetera) Here's the rough draft of the foreword:

Dear Readers,

The Fat Controller wrote to me nine years ago with an interesting tale about the Island of Sodor. You might laugh (I know I did) at first, for he told me there was magic in it! It has to do with the Conductor family of America, curious people who are tiny most of the time but normal sized when they travel to Sodor by magic. The Fat Controller assures me that they are a fine family with an excellent background in railway service, and have come to help on many occasions.

They also have their own magic railway that goes from the town of Shining Time to Sodor! The engine for this railway was lost several years, and the railway began to fade and disappear. But the engine has been found. This is the story of how that came to be, and it is a long one. I hope you enjoy it.

Sincerely,
The Author.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 15, 2009, 12:15:40 AM
I intend to write a version of Thomas and the Magic Railway that could be integrated with the Railway Series.
That's impossible.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

You may be right, but I can at least come up with something that feels more like the Railway Series. I need some of introducing Lady and Diesel 10 in an RWS-style fashion.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 15, 2009, 11:19:31 AM
You may be right, but I can at least come up with something that feels more like the Railway Series. I need some of introducing Lady and Diesel 10 in an RWS-style fashion.
Magical universes and railways don't mix well.

At all.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Okay, but can you help me think up a good means of putting them in my expanded RWS? Also, while you're up, would you mind giving me some advice? I asked for it in my workbench topic.

densmore

Advice: don't do this project. It will be mediocre at best, awful at worst. Bad idea.