News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound help

Started by JOEYTEE, October 19, 2009, 01:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOEYTEE

very confused just looking to get something better than big hauler tender sound .
something easy just love to enjoy my trains not in to electronics .Do I buy a new loco
love the steam ???  do I buy sound for a box car ??? or just a sound unit ??? looking for control of sound and different sounds thank you Joe

Nathan

Do you have a price range in mind?  Are you looking for the whistle and bell plus chuff?  Do you wish to continue to use standard DC for your train power?  Do you wish to run more then one train at a time?  All of these will impact the proper answer.

JOEYTEE

200.00  250.00 for a new loco yes whistle,bell,cuff .Not sure about power
still have big hauler I run. Sold a big hauler set to upgrade to something better really appreciate your help so much it is very confusing and no one really wants to help again thank you Joe

Dave

Joe,
        look up "  www.Mylocosound.com".   Peter Lucas does good low cost sound cards that have what you need an cost around AU$95.00.

Cheers

Dave
                                          New Zealand

Nathan

Joe,

You may want to look at the Bachmann Davenport locomotive by it self or in the new Prospector or Lumberjack sets where you get the cars for a few bucks more the the loco it self.  It is easy to add sound to and has a place for a speaker.  A number of places have the sets for under $200 US.

Besides the sound unit that Dave talks about there are also some low cost units from MRC that will also work with DC if you buy one of the MRC DC sound control units.  The sound unit / decoder goes for under $90 US  and the controller for under $60 US.

JOEYTEE

thank you is that the spectrum series can you give me a site again thank you

Nathan