News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Edward

Started by metal4life, April 13, 2007, 05:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaz Storm

First off welcome to the forum, or in this case welcome back ;)

The question of why they didn't make Edward then and are working on him now I can't answer for you.  It could be because of the popularity of the engines, but I am not 100% sure.

Also there are no pictures of Edward yet, therefore we don't know how the face will turn out.  I would like to see the original Season 1 Edward face on the model too. ;)

Edward2P

I remember watching Thomas when I was little and my absolute favorite engine was Edward.  There was just something about him that was so wonderful.
Edward & Stepney are the greatest engines in the world!

PRRThomas11

Yeah, Bachmann makes their trains according to their popularity. Bachmann makes their trains for little kids, whom are the main audience of people who watch Thomas.(Not that they would be running them) Spencer, who is a newer engine, was only in three episodes I think and they made him because he looks cool. Edward is barely in the show anymore and since little kids don't know him as well so is not as popular.
Thus, by making the more popular trains for the widest audience, Bachmann make money.

Its elementary my dear Watson.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

Edward2P

Ok, Thomas and Percy I can understand but James?  (Sorry to all of James's truest fans out there)  The only episodes he hasn't been totally mean in are the first episode where he meets some very friendly cows up close and personal, and when he helps Edward.  Other than that, he is completely rude, obnoxious, self-centered, and just over all deserving of a derailment.  And I am going to send an email to HIT entertainment and anyone else that produces Thomas The Tank Engine And Friends, and tell them that they need Edward.  He was the first, he was the original.  He was always the one who taught us to be nice, and taught us friendship, and the ability to rely on someone, and he was almost always happy, and never mean.  Now you can't see one episode where he isn't rude, or mean.  They are going to kill off Edward and he is the reason Thomas the Tank Engine exists.

PRRThomas11

The makers of Thomas and Freinds try to make Thomas, Percy, and James the three most popular characters. (Emily too, sometimes.) I think it has to do with their contrasting personalities and characteristics.

Except for the part with them being trains with faces of course.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

Guilford Guy

They are trying to hold onto viewers. HIT has better things to do than to care about who came first, and who came second. If that were true companies would still be making models of steam locomotives. They wouldn't have even got to EMD's 1930's releases... Its a popularity contest. If they are going to kill off a character then so be it. It doesn't matter what the emotions of a model is. Its only a model. And with all those derailments they are in dire need of some track repair. They should get some new crews too, who are more experienced, and locomotives without a mind of their own... "Mr Hat" is the worst railway manager known to man...
Alex

LastQ6

I wonder how the model is coming along, still cannot wait to see what the test shots look like when they come around.
Click below to view all my projects in my new blog

http://www.thethomasmodeller.blogspot.com

metal4life

Well Edward2P, looks like we've got something in common :P. As far as we know, I think the model comes out somewhere between March-November.
At least, I hope he does. If they give Edward his original season 1 face, I'd just die.

rains train

Quote from: Edward2P on February 23, 2008, 10:30:22 PM
Ok, Thomas and Percy I can understand but James?  (Sorry to all of James's truest fans out there)  The only episodes he hasn't been totally mean in are the first episode where he meets some very friendly cows up close and personal, and when he helps Edward.  Other than that, he is completely rude, obnoxious, self-centered, and just over all deserving of a derailment.  And I am going to send an email to HIT entertainment and anyone else that produces Thomas The Tank Engine And Friends, and tell them that they need Edward.  He was the first, he was the original.  He was always the one who taught us to be nice, and taught us friendship, and the ability to rely on someone, and he was almost always happy, and never mean.  Now you can't see one episode where he isn't rude, or mean.  They are going to kill off Edward and he is the reason Thomas the Tank Engine exists.

Anyways, I agree about Edward needing to come out soon! But James is one of my favorites, along with Edward, don't diss him like that. :P ;)

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

Railwaypark

,Dear bachmann,

Here are the steps to build edward:
1.Build another james without his shape & third wheel arch.
2.Add two boogie wheels & two drive wheels.
3.Alter his body a bit.
4.Paint his body,Tender & wheels blue.
5.Alter his face into edwards series.6 face.
6.Add the number 2 on the tender.

,Love railwaypark,
P.S. I'll give you step for mavis tomorow. ;D
I am collecting the bachmann thomas model because i want to do my thomas series later in the future.

Edward2P

Railwaypark, I think it is pretty much decided that most people want Edward's season 1 face.  Don't forget, Edward is shorter in length than James, and his driving wheels are bigger so the wheel archs would have to be bigger, his cab shape is different too.  Edward is basically a shortened class 2P, thats why Hornby just used the 2P to make Edward.  Although, I wish they hadn't been so cheap when making Emily.  They used Lord Of The Isles which is a different class loco.  Emily is a Stirling 8ft Single class.  They have the molds for the Stirling 8ft Single.  Hornby owns Airfix which owns the original kitmaster molds for the Stirling Single model kit.

Guilford Guy

They already have an idea. They've had blueprints for the pas few months and are now working on the molds. I doubt they will pay any attention to some "half-ass" advice from a 12 year old...
Alex

rains train

I just plain want Edward. ;)

Too bad we have to wait untill november now....was really looking foreward to getting him in march...

Well, I guess this just means I'll like him even more when I get him then! ;D

Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 25, 2008, 07:37:56 PM
"half-ass"
Didn't know they made them in half size...weird...LOL.

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

Diesel #261

I ain't gonna freak out like Corrie :P but be careful with the languge Alex. ;)
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

Guilford Guy

I've been here long enough to know...
Alex