News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What's Next On The Drawing Board?

Started by herc driver, October 20, 2009, 08:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herc driver

Ok...the DD40 is released...the 44 Tonner is released...what's next on the Nscale production line Bachmann?  Seems like there's a trend of making engines that no one else has done in quite a while.  Maybe a UP Turbine in Nscale?  A high hood GP30?  Or even a Genset model? 

johnTom

Could we possibly see a GE 70 tonner in N-SCALE..
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

in_eden

PLEASE go STEAM!
The 2-8-0 and Heavy 4-8-2 were home runs!
How about a Heavy 4-6-2? No one is making one of those (K4)!

(I'm dying for a B&O P7 and a PRR K4)

Also, re-releasing the Heavy 4-8-2 in different road names (B&O had a nice group... see T3 and T4 class), and the T4's were purchased from boston and maine...

Or smaller-
Spectrum 0-6-0

Rutland1952

Count another vote for a 70 Tonner. Ideally, in the Rutland paint scheme, but any scheme will do.
Richard

The Rutland Railroad
"Route of the Whippet"

dtpowell

Guess anyone's guess would be a good one. I'm wondering if the old UA Amtrak TurboTrain might get a rework and update someday. Rapido Model's is a winner. Now MTH has announced one for their Premier Line in three road names. I'd be certain to purchase a couple of  Bachmann "N" scale Turbo's if their detail is as good as the Acela's.

I'm hopefull Bachmann is working on a much needed heavy pacific too. (K4 anyone?)

I feel that more likely candidate's would be the obscure prototypes. Loco's that may have low quanity production runs. PRR S1 6-8-6 for example. Only one was made, but there are literally thousands of models (I'd buy an "N" scale one. :D) Maybe Bachmann might consider a line of proposed prototypes that were never built. Like the American Coal Exchange ACE2000 or how about a Bayer-Garrett in Norfolk and Western?  ;D

johnTom

What about the out of production Bachmann items such as buildings,freight cars and locomotives.

Tom

brokemoto

I have been crying for this on the board of another manufacturer in vain, maybe it will work here.  It would be a logical extension of the E-Z TRAK.  That product is sectional street trackage, especially #4 turnouts. 

In fact, since B-mann is the only firm that sells a mass produced US prototype trolley car, this might be something for them to sell, as well.  I have managed to put together street trackage for straight and curved sections, but I have never been happy with anything that I have done with street turnouts.  Street trackage, including turnouts, is available in other scales, why not N scale.

Think about it, please.  Sectional street trackage, especially #4 turnouts.

Thank you .

johnTom

Along with the GE 70 TONNER how about some ACLO's to run along side the FM, GE 44 TONNER and the GE U36B.

Tom

1218classa

I agree. Producing a heavy Pacific like a K4 would be a home run!

eric220

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but let's have that K4!  It is such a glaring gap in the total N Scale picture.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com