Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Thomas and Percy

Started by Mark Oles, October 21, 2009, 02:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Oles

Hi Bachmann,

I have a couple of questions about the upcoming large scale Thomas and Percy:
Is there an expected arrival date for these? 
Will the sets and separate sale items be available at the same time?
Will the locomotives have the DCC / aristo plug and play socket?

Thanks,
Mark

Anthony P2

well i can answer that third question for you. the answer is no, they wont have DCC in them. bachmann doesn't make their Thomas related models with DCC. thats why im converting my engines to DCC.

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
The answer to the first two questions is (hopefully) by the end of next month and yes.  As for the socket, I'll check tomorrow.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Mark Oles

AnthonyP2,

I didn't think it would come with DCC onboard, since virtually no large scale equipment is provided that way.  If the socket is the same as on the aristo boards, that will hopefully make installation of the aristo revo TE receiver simple.

Bachmann, were you able to find out about the socket?  So, these'll make it 'just in time' for Christmas, hopefully?

Thanks,

Mark

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
Still awaiting the info...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

calenelson

Mark here is the answer I received a few months ago in regards to control for the LS Thomas:

Bucksco
Administrator

Re: LS Thomas-pix
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »    

Supply your own controls - Thomas will be analog straight out of the box.

Jack Lynch
Communications Manager
Bachmann Industries, Inc

G

Bach-man do you know if the LS Thomas and Percy, carriages etc will be available in the UK?

Thanks
G

StanierJack

Quote from: G on November 01, 2009, 10:44:45 AM
Bach-man do you know if the LS Thomas and Percy, carriages etc will be available in the UK?

Thanks
G

I'm not the Bachmann, but I know that for the UK, Hornby hold the UK liscence, so I doubt there will be any official sets available in the uk.

(Grey Market imports are a different matter though) ;)

G

yes i know thats why i thought id ask, shame if they cant sell them over here, would love to have a Thomas for my garden railway :( :-\

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: G on November 01, 2009, 03:19:46 PM
yes i know thats why i thought id ask, shame if they cant sell them over here, would love to have a Thomas for my garden railway :( :-\
Licensing issues, as Jack said, sadly.  :(

ZeldaTheSwordsman

And the blame can be traced squarely back to HiT. I hope someone with noth a conscience and some common sense takes the rights away from HiT, I really do.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 01, 2009, 04:43:44 PM
And the blame can be traced squarely back to HiT.
No, you are wrong.

This is how licensing and distribution of products works for ANYTHING

I'm sick of people pointing the finger at HiT for anything they don't like about within the Thomas franchise.  :-\

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Yes. But who's giving the licences?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 02, 2009, 11:29:12 AM
Yes. But who's giving the licences?
It's usually based on regions, I guess the concept is similar to how video games are distributed internationally.

shining time

i know this is off topic  but i get Classic Toy Train Mag. every month and the winter 2010 sweepstakes are up and the second prize is ( drum roll please) LARGE SCALE BACHMAN THOMAS SET. i think that is a surprise since CTTM is strictly o gauge and s gauge.

here's the wbsite for anyone who wants to enter www.trains.com/ctt
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways