News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HOn3 models

Started by BLWDecapods, October 24, 2009, 10:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLWDecapods

Hey Bach Man,
Now that you have captured the On3 market with the excellent models you have, how's about turning your attention to HOn3.
You already have some really great models to work with: in HO guage your 4-6-0 and 4-4-0, in larger scales, the 2 truck shay, articulated 2-6-6-2, Tweetsie # 12 in G scale and so on.
Just think that if you came out with a mass produced HOn3 line you could capture a fair sized market here too.
Hugh

ebtbob

BLW,

I would be extremely surprised if Bachmann got into the HOn3 market because of the equipment already on the market from Blackstone and MMI.
The Blackstone line(Soundtraxx) is beautifully done with both weathered and non-weathered rolling stock,  ready to run and engines with Tsunami sound,  K27s and their next engine,  a 2-8-0,  that will be available both weathered and un-weathered.
       All that being said - if Bachmann did pull off a major surprise and did venture into the HOn3 realm,  I would be extremely pleased as there would be no excuse not to do EBT stuff since no one is really doing any of their equipment in HOn3 except for those hard to find C&BT Shops hopper cars and kits available only thru the Friends of the East Broad Top.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

SteamGene

Just to clarify, Bachmann does 0n30, not 0n3.  There is a six inch difference between them.  ;D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

ALCOS4EVER

I would agree with "ebtbob". Bachmann is heavily commited to On30. It is also my understanding that Bachmann is involved behind the scenes already with HOn3 as they buy sound decoders from Soundtraxx and they are the ones doing the design and mold making for Blackstone and the Blackstone equipment is produced in Bachmanns facilities in China. I don't mean to fuel the rumor mill but I heard that at Hartford in July.
     Hopefully people support Blackstone HOn3 like Bachmann On30 and it expands in a similar way over time.