Will downloadable catalogs become a regular thing?

Started by Loco Bill, October 25, 2009, 09:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill

Loved the ability to download the 2009 Catalog in the PDF file.   Same for the new product announcement flyer.  GReat for when I am travelling and want to access it.   Thanks for making them available!   8)

Can we expect this to continue in 2010 and beyond?
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

rich1998

no doubt will continue. we are in the digital age. unfortunately, bachmann does not maintain their catalog as well as they could. it takes people to make a nice catalog and people cost money. i would like to see bachmann improve its catalog. Some times people here see something in a online store and nothing changes in the bachmann online catalog. a couple people here have mentioned that before and end up asking the bach man. online catalogs can be changed a lot quicker than paper catalogs. I do like bachman trains a lot.
lex

Loco Bill

Well you certainly can download the entire 2009 catalog for the entire line, and now they are on facebook, youtube and tweeting as well.

Here is the link to the entire 2009 Catalog:

http://www.williamstrains.com/2009/2009_bachmann.pdf

Some nice vids on you tube, wish they would put one up for the Annie 4-6-0

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

rich1998

Quote from: Loco Bill on October 25, 2009, 08:48:41 PM
Well you certainly can download the entire 2009 catalog for the entire line, and now they are on facebook, youtube and tweeting as well.

Here is the link to the entire 2009 Catalog:

http://www.williamstrains.com/2009/2009_bachmann.pdf

Some nice vids on you tube, wish they would put one up for the Annie 4-6-0

i am surprised you did not put this link in the original messgae.

watch out for that pdf download. it is a 70mb file. dial up beware. i have charter and it still took quite a fewminutes. maybe others were trying at the same time.

it is a nice catalog
lex

Loco Bill

Lex,

Sorry about that!!  I would have but I thought everyone heard about it already.

I am still hoping to hear from the Bach man
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

az2rail

What with everything getting so expensive, I am sure that on-line catalogs are the way of the future.

To bad. I like to look at catalogs. I always seem to find something I want.

But still, there are a lot of train people that don't have computers, or are not linked to the internet. Catalogs are still their only link to a manufactures offerings.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

the Bach-man

Hi, Bill!
Word is that it's very likely, and I agree, that will be a great addition!
Best,
the Bach-man

Loco Bill

Thanks Bach Man,

Bruce

Hopefully they will still do a print catalog as well,  Bruce you are right about lack of computer access for many folks, and those who don't even have a computer.   My Dad at 92 is one of them.   Being 70 years young, I have also noticed that many my age can't afford to own a computer, much less pay for service. This is especially true in extreme rural areas where I live. I pay triple for high speed internet over what most people pay in St Louis just 70 miles from me.  Many of my neighbors can't get High speed at all except from Hughes Net, and that is very expensive!!

Our local Library (17 miles drive one way)  has free high speed for card holders, fine if you have to go to town anyway. 
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway