Main Menu

New Bass Pro Shops Set #90075

Started by Loco Bill, October 29, 2009, 10:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade Colyer

vic

thats actually a pretty good price  :o

Loco Bill

Nt bad at all,  It was sold outat the St. Louis BPS store!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! The daughter got me a BPS gift card for Christmas and I ordered one online. I got it today in the original shipping carton to Bachmann from China that says Carton #750 0f 1000. Thought you might want to know. 

Wade

PS: Thanks for the kind words in another post.

Loco Bill

Wade, 

As you know I definitely appreciate the info. 

I had heard last years set was also a run of 1000 (not confirmed) and suspect that 1000 is some kind of minimum order.  The St Louis store was totally sold out before Christmas.  The operating display in the stores were part of their big Christmas Santa land.

They had huge crowds in the santa land last year, and I suspect that is why they did it with a train again this year.  The crowds were pretty good again this year, so we will have to see if it gets repeated for Christmas 2010!!!  The Big Question is will it be a rerun of the 2009 Christmas themed set or nothing?

BTW It is still available on line for $149.95 in the clearance section!

Had a great Christmas, Happy new Year and best to you, and all forum folks!

Bill
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

If your heart is set on having this exact set at $150, so be it. 

(Only a thousand made?  Uniquely decorated Christmas rolling stock? Collect every set?)

However, if you just want a G Scale Christmas set at a reasonable price, consider that for about net $15 more (depending on your distance within lower 48 states), you could have a new 90054 set (with track reduced to only 14 pieces - same as BPS 90075) delivered to your door.

Annie detailing (w/ metal side rods) upgrade.  Loco with a stack that actually matches its fuel.  Beautiful NP&S livery matching passenger coach and observation.  Matching Santa Trolley.

With all track deleted, the delivery price could be nearly the same price as BPS 90075.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

NarrowMinded

Joe, Ive seen you mention these before, do you have a shop or a Garage full of these?

NM

Joe Satnik

NM,

Want to talk about it off-board?

joebarb'AT'wwt'DOT'net

Joe
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Wade Colyer