News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Fun for the older guys maybe

Started by SteamGene, October 30, 2009, 08:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

I've found a place on the outskirts of Hannaville to pu the Great Western (?) 1950s motel.  I've also found a car and figures for Dolores Haze and Humbert Humbert.  I have a metal Cadallac kit for Claire Quilty's car that he can hide behind and spy on them.  Which famous novel?  :D  Do I dare add Mariyon (sp) Crane and Norman Bates?  I already have that wonderful Woodland Scenic station wagon loaded down with luggage on  the roof. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

pdlethbridge

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat

r0bert

back when they REALLY knew how to make a scary movie, not just a gore-fest!!!!

mhampton

Regardless of the genre, most modern film makers seem to think that it is better to be explicit than leave anything to the human imagination.  Horror, romance, comedy - pick one and most of the older films were done MUCH better.

To include a little train content, in the movie White Christmas, Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye take a train ride from Florida to Vermont.  Oddly enough, the stock photos they show of the train as it passes are either Santa Fe or Western Pacific.  Takes a little imagination to see either of those roads along the Eastern seaboard.  Hey, I didn't say that all the old films were perfect!

NarrowMinded

The scariest movie I can think of in semi recent times was the remake of the Fugitive with Harrison ford, I shutter at the Train wreck scene, the horror oh the horror.  :P

NM

SteamGene

You seem to have gotten one, but not the other.  ;D  I guess nobody old enough has traveled in. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

mhampton

Perhaps they're looking for Lolita.

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat

Woody Elmore

The "Fugitive' train wreck was filmed on the Great Smokey Mountain Railway in North Carolina. Last time I was there they still had the remains of the staged wreck lying around.

North Carolina has the Tweetsie and the Great Smokey Mountain to visit. The Great Smokey Mountain RR is in western North Carolina and runs through some spectacular scenery. The line was once Southern Ry. and has an interesting mix of rolling stock. It features a 2-8-0 that was built for the Military railroads.  Excursions usually are run with a geep helper or by diesel alone.