When is Bachmann going to remake some of the missing older Plasticville

Started by RoccoP, November 01, 2009, 12:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoccoP

I keep looking for Bachmann to announce some of the older Plasticville items from the 50's that they have not remade in quite a while such as the Hardware store.  I would think they would still have most of that tooling but maybe it has degraded. 

Bach Man can you share with us if there is a possibility that we can get these older items back in the line again?

Doing a quick scan I see we are missing:
Hardware & Pharmacy Store
Corner Store
Add a floor
Bungalow
5 and 10 cent store
Gas Station
Multiple Churches
Super Market
New England Ranch
Post Office
TV Station
Colonial Home

I am sure there are some I left off the list but I would like to see many of these return to the line.  So the big question Mr. Bach Man is....

Does the tooling still exist and if so when can we get some of these back with some exciting colors.

--Rocco--

the Bach-man

Dear Rocco,
I'll forward your list. All tooling is now overseas, and I don't know which ones are available, or are even in existence.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

RoccoP

phillyreading

I like the add a floor for the apartment building. I have found that there is at least two color variations of the original one, and both have the same color window balconies.

Lee F.

AGHRMatt

I've been trying to hunt down the #1623 O scale cattle pen. Unfortunately, they're all in the secondary market and are overpriced. Plasticville structures were always a great starting point for bashing into more complex structures, but when you pay top dollar for an out-of-production item, it adds up.

Matt Jackson

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: AGHRMatt on March 30, 2010, 06:15:05 PM
I've been trying to hunt down the #1623 O scale cattle pen. Unfortunately, they're all in the secondary market and are overpriced. Plasticville structures were always a great starting point for bashing into more complex structures, but when you pay top dollar for an out-of-production item, it adds up.

Matt Jackson

Not to mention, many of the structures actually look like buildings that were actually built in the U.S. in the post-WW II period--or I think so, anyway.

lvrr325

Some of the ones on that list have been run not too long ago, or are common enough to be cheap used.

The SuperMarket and others that share the same side and rear walls, that front makes a nice bash onto a DPM Robert's Dry Goods, for a city building with a 50s era front tacked on it. 

RoccoP

I was hoping by now we might have heard a little more about the status of some of these older items.  Yes some of them have been out of circulation longer than others, but I do not see any of these available in stores today. 

I would like to see at least all of the items that have not been produced in the last 10 to 20 years brought back and it also would be nice if some new structures could be added.

In addition many of the currently produced items are very bland in color.  I miss some of the old colors that stood out more.

--Rocco--

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: RoccoP on July 23, 2010, 11:50:34 PM
In addition many of the currently produced items are very bland in color.  I miss some of the old colors that stood out more.

I recently snapped up a couple of HO Cape Cod houses with white windows and doors on eBay. One of my many projects--if I ever get around to it  ::) --will be to paint the walls red and the roofs gray. Where I grew up, an awful lot of houses that look very much like the Plasticville Cape Cods were built in the postwar period. Generally they were built in brick, with slate roofs (hence my color choices) and white trim.

Anybody got a spare "round tuit" I can borrow?

simkon

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on November 02, 2010, 11:25:15 AM
Anybod got a spare "round tuit" I can borrow?
I do, at the county fair I got a wooden coin that has in quotes "1 round tuit."

J3a-614

"Anybody got a spare "round tuit" I can borrow?

"I do, at the county fair I got a wooden coin that has in quotes "1 round tuit."

Man, I could use a bucket of those!  :-)

Jhanecker2

I got a ceramic disk  Labeled  "Tuit" some years back about the size of a Old silver Dollars . One of these days I will find it again .  J2

arkady

Quote from: RoccoP on November 01, 2009, 12:23:58 AM
I keep looking for Bachmann to announce some of the older Plasticville items from the 50's that they have not remade in quite a while such as the Hardware store.  I would think they would still have most of that tooling but maybe it has degraded. 

Bach Man can you share with us if there is a possibility that we can get these older items back in the line again?

To that list I'd like to add the O scale switch tower.  It seems that Bachmann still offers the HO version, but not the O switch tower.  This was a popular item during the postwar era, and those of us who collect and/or run vintage Lionel would like to put then on our layouts.

RoccoP

Speaking of the switch tower, American Flyer had Bachmann make them for them pre-assembled and painted.  Since Bachmann owns the tooling and they are doing prebuilts, why not re-issue it, pre-assemble it and paint it in those colors.  This would then be a highly desireable piece, both to Plasticville and American Flyer collectors.

It's been a while since my starting this thread.  I would hope in the 2011 catalog we will finally see some of these older items back in the Plasticville line.

Hey Bachmann, any update you can share since it's been quite a while since your last comment to me on this topic?

--Rocco--