North Pacific Coast RR No. 12 Sonoma 4-4-0

Started by norman, October 27, 2009, 12:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norman

Oct 27, 2009

Dear Mr. Bachmann:

Could you do a custom paint run of your Baldwin 8-18C 4-4-0 as the

North Pacific Coast RR No. 12 Sonoma 4-4-0 ?

The tender is wine (red) colour, not brown or green .

Photo:
http://www.csrmf.org/visitor-information/museum-favorites/locomotive-favorites/north-pacific-coast-no-12-sonoma

Could you visit the museum and personally photograph the Sonoma locomotive to ensure that the model is painted in the correct colours?

This would be a great compliment to your Eureka 4-4-0 .

You could even produce duckbill roofed passenger cars to provide a line of passenger cars different than what is offered by Accucraft.

Alternatively, could you do a limited run of  the North Pacific Coast RR No. 12 Sonoma 4-4-0 based on confirmed pre-orders through the Bachmann website if required given the present state of the economy?

Thank you
Norman

the Bach-man

Dear Norman,
I like the Sonoma, and have visited her and taken her picture whenever I've been in Sacramento.
I'll pass along your request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Alex Butner

I'd love to see the Sonoma in G-scale. It would look great, but it's not the right train for me since I'm limited to 4 foot curves and maybe 5 foot curves.

David Fletcher

Norman, think about just lettering up the Lake undecorated Bachmann 4-4-0...this is very close to Sonoma (except for the strap iron pilot, which I doubt Bachmann will make, since they didn't make it for Eureka either).  Sonoma by the way is Lake (brown), Style #1, not wine, and restored today in lake Style 1. 

The Jupiter, over at the Smithsonian is Wine.

David.

norman

Hi Dave & Mr. Bachmann:

I again looked at the tender red line border surrounding the tender "NPC" lettering.
My colour vision was fooled. Yes the tender is brown.
Personally, I would have preferred wine.
Too bad that the NPC painters did not have the same artistic taste as the Virginia & Truckee painters!

Norman