News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My "catch" at ECLSTS

Started by Tom Lapointe, April 15, 2007, 01:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Lapointe

I know Mr Bach-man saw me walking out of of the dealer hall at the East Coast Large Scale Train Show with a large "Spectrum" box. ;)  Here's what was in it....

Also at ECLSTS, I picked up one of Phoenix's new P5 sound cards.  Since my "Watuppa Railway" doesn't have much in sound-equipped passenger power (other the the basic "chuffer" board in an "Annie"), I decided the new Mogul was going to get the P5 installed...

As a result, it has a few additions not normally found on 19th-century Baldwins! :)

In the engineer's-side toolbox on the front of the tender, I installed the P5's volume "up-down" switch...

(Did I mention - this thing is LOUD!!!) :o 8)

- but what's hiding back here ???

- 9600 baud computer serial interface jack  ;D for programming the P5!

I also installed a Digitrax DG583S DCC decoder in the boiler; she runs as good as she looks! ;)

Tom

Tom Lapointe

::)Oops!  Forgot to post the last picture!  (The P5 Data jack's hiding place!)...

;)                                                                                                    Tom

Guilford Guy

looks great! the Rhode Island house will be done in may, can I come play then?  ;D ;D ;D
Alex

joconnor

;D Tom:

Great pics.  Supper idea of hiding the interface jack in the tool box.

traindude109

Tom, that thing is a beauty. I would love to get one of those, and put some J&S coaches behind it.
Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)

John G

They do look great pulling J&S coaches.

John G

traindude109

Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)

Skip

So Tom, when are we going to see and hear it run on YouTube... ;)

Tom Lapointe

QuoteSo Tom, when are we going to see and hear it run on YouTube... Wink

...Hopefully sometime in the near future, Skip! ;)  I'm still doing some "tweaking" on the P5 sound card to get things the way I want, & was out of town this past weekend for a non-train-related  event; only thing I did on the railroad this weekend was give the hedges around the mainline a quick trim before they start growing a bit over-enthusiastic. :o  It looks VERY good at the head end of a 4-car train of Jackson Sharpe coaches! 8)

Tom

Guilford Guy

ATLEAST SOME PICTURES FOR US OVER ENTUSIASTICCALIPTICAL TEENAGERS  :D  ;D :) ;)
Very nice catch, how long did you stand around  with the bait?
Alex