News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

engine light

Started by Rbaldeagle, November 05, 2009, 07:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbaldeagle

I just received the Casey Jones train set and the engine light does not work. How do I get it to come on? This is my first experience with a train set in 40 years and want to get started again. Thanks for your help.
Rbaldeagle

GN.2-6-8-0

Pretty sure the headlight should come on with application of power,might be just a loose wire.
Rocky Lives

CNE Runner

I am not familiar with the Casey Jones set (although I hope the engine is a Ten-Wheeler lettered for the IC). If the engine headlight is an LED, it will only light when the engine is going forward. Did you try both directions? I once had an engine wherein the headlight would only light in reverse. Simply reversing the LED wiring corrected the problem (and gave the train crew a much better view of the road at night).

Failing that, and assuming the lamp is a mini-bulb, GN is probably correct...a loose wire or poor ground. This should be a fairly easy problem to rectify. I think I would first run a little current through the bulb to see if it is OK...sometimes the obvious is the first thing to be overlooked.

Good luck,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"