LOCO address change with Digitrax DCS 50 ? ADR lockout ?

Started by OSRR, April 15, 2007, 01:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OSRR

I have some DCC EQUIPPED LOCO's and want to change the LOCO address using a Digitrax DCS 50 (ZEPHYR). Is there a easy way to do this ? Do Bachmann decoders have a address lock ? What MODE of programming is used to reprogram the decoder ?
                                                 John 8

Hoople

Any mode.

I program on main, which is OPS mode. Your Zephyr manual should tell you how to do this. It's very simple, just a few buttons.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

Hunt

Workaround maybe required to program the non-sound Bachmann decoder using a Digitrax Zephyr.

Workaround ---  Place a 1000 Ohm resistor across the programming track. Remove the resistor after you finish programming the Bachmann decoder.

OSRR

Thanks Hunt:
       Tried a 1Kohm resistor and it worked on the 2nd try. Was still getting open track error half the times I tried it. Went to a 220 ohm resistor, works 100 % and does not seem to take too much current.

Thanks again; John 8th of OSRR

Hunt

John,
The 1K Ohm resistor placed across the programming track rails works 100% percent of the time when the capability between the Zephyr command station and the Bachmann decoder is the only issue.  I suspect there are other issues not yet identified with your equipment.

OSRR

You are right:
                    New Bachmann loco had OIL on the WHEELS, making a poor contact to the track. Cleaned the wheels, and the 1 Kohm resistor gets it programmed 100 %.
                                              Thanks ........