News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2 stories i did for school

Started by jettrainfan, November 10, 2009, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettrainfan

Well, the other is gonna be in another post (it was 5 pages double spaced and 3 single space) Well, i hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

Work order madness
It was a chilly February morning in Cleveland Ohio, Tom was working with switching cars when Molly signaled him to finish his job and come back to the office. Walking over, this is what was said in the office.
   "Tom, you know why you're here?", Molly asked.
   "Nope, getting train 121 switched like you said. Get the autos in the intermodel side, switch the rest into track 1. Also, put the broken SD-40-2 in the shops. I did all of that! What could I have done wrong?" , replied Tom
   "Well, we got an extra for you, like the snow?"
   "Its alright why? ... OH NO! I'm not doing snow plough duty if that's what your asking!"
   "Nope, your gong to push a jet heated car!"
   "we have one of those?!"
   "No, we rented 1 from Union Pacific. In return, they get a month's worth of free trackage rights."
   "How much do we charge them?"
   "About $200 a train, same with BNSF"
   "Wow! That's a good lot of money! Well, I don't want to do it! Why can't Bob or Jerry do it?"
   "They were called onto the Santa Train at Virginia. So, you're the only one available for this. Please do this, we got a business train coming in today and we need to pass sense they heard about those three box cars getting tagged."
   "I see, well, fine. I'll do it, just for the sake of our jobs."
   "That's the spirit!" ,cheered Molly
   "No... the spirit is going 60+ M.P.H."
   "Well, yeah... don't tell the president of the CSX railroad about that!"
   "She already knows." , said Tom.
   "Oh great! What she say?"
   "Oh well, just don't crash it! If you do, and it is because of speeding, that's $2 mill. Out of your pocket!"
   "I see, well get to work, and don't be late!"
   "Ok, see you later! Bye."
   "Bye."
Tom gets back into the GP40-2 he was driving and goes back to work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

jettrainfan

#2 and i got more creative! I forgot to add, we had to make our own word using a prefix and suffix.

Working On The Railroad.
It was the crack of dawn of a warm summer morning. Mike was walking over to the Wheeling & Lake Erie office at Akron Ohio. He opens the door and sees a young man talking to Becky, the secretary. Mike walks over to Becky and starts to talk.
   "Hello Becky, what's the work order?"
   "Your going to take this rookie from here, go to Spencer, get the local, drop it off at Brewster, and bring the diesel back." Becky gives Mike some papers and he looks at them.
"So we're taking #200?!"
"Yep, just came back from the shops, still in the Ohio paint. To give you a heads up, #3048 is doing some polytrainling (A huge line of freight cars broken up into smaller, local trains.) and #6315 is going to help with a  octdieselize (A power move with 8 diesels)job by pushing behind the train their bringing with them. The eight diesels belong to CSX and we just got 2 of our units delivering them back to their yard."
   "Alright, should be polyrailfanany (A busy day watching trains) day watching trains in this area! Well, whose the rookie?"
   "Oh he's Jim, he's new to the whole thing so take It easy. Your train is out at the turntable. You better get going, you don't want to be late today!"

"OK, see ya later!" Mike waves goodbye to his friend and Jim follows him out of the office and they walk over to the turntable. Mike sees that Jim is uncomfortable so he talks to him while he starts up the dusty motor.
   "So, got any experience?" Mike asked.
   "yes I do, I used to work at the Pennsylvania trolley museum. I got a ride from a old yard that looks pretty inyardous(an empty yard). Anyway, we've been working on restoring this maintenance of way trolley for a while now, its already rerailward(to be running on rails again, almost done being restored)!" Jim replied.
   "Well that's good! We better get going, hold on!" Mike opens the throttle and the engine roars out of the yard. It was an easy trip out to Spencer. They passed by extra #12 job doing extralocalized( A small freight train made outside yard limits.) work. Other than that, Jim and Mike enjoyed the ride out to Spencer. About 1 hour later, they reached the Wheeling & Lake Erie yard at Spencer and saw their train of scrap. Before they could go get it, they go to the yard office to go pick up more orders.
   "So, you two are here to take that lot? Alright, get it out of here!" Joked the yard manager. Jim got the work orders and Mike switched the diesel over to the siding where the gondolas were. Before they left, a crew asked if Jim & Mike wanted to go get some Wendy's.  They both said sure and headed over. They all got burgers and frosties and talked about roomers.    "I'm telling ya, the boss is going to buy that scrapped gp40 and turn it into a slug!" the brakeman of the crew said.
   "No, we are not getting any slugs! That's more ridiculas then the time when you retook that test and derailed the caboose!" laughed Mike and everyone started cracking up to this.
   Mike and Jim got back into #200 and started off  down the track. It was quiet for some reason, then it happened. Mike saw that some cars were moving! He panicked and hit the emergency brakes and blew #200's horn. A small, car like horn sounded and the cars stopped. #200 stopped and luckily, it did not derail. He walked out and saw that a rusty, chocking Uniswitcherling( a small locomotive that does switching duties). Mike starred wide eyed at the machine. It looked like a GE44 ton the size of a 25 ton diesel! The man driving it walked out.
   "I'm sorry, I could not contact the W&LE people so I did my work. I could barley see in front of me so I did not enter the main line, good thing I didn't!" The man said.
   "yes it is! If you hit this diesel, it would be ultrarepairish(beyond repair, not worth fixing)! This poor girl needs repairs badly, she's going to the Brewster works tomorrow." replied Mike.
   "Well, I'm sorry sir, I was just testing this new neodeignship(A new design state) I had a 25 ton diesel body, two Harley Davidson motors and a 44 ton cab. It does work smoothly, I want to give the plans to general electric so they start making these! It would be a good, cheep model for people who can't afford track mobiles."
"Well that's a great idea! I'll tell my boss about this. ...Is it alright if I pass through?"
   "Sure, well, nice talking to you."
   "alright, thanks! Well bye." Mike walks back to the waiting train and speeds past. A couple minutes later, Jim and Mike herd a weird clanking sound. Jim looked out the window and saw the unit smoking like crazy. He tells Mike that they might be in trouble. He replies,
   "Well, we got 50 yards till we reach intrayardous(entering yard limits.). Just a few more minutes!" A loud bang sounds and the smoke gets thicker and blacker. Jim began to panic. Mike was waiting for something. He told Jim on 3 to get out and tell the yard manager what's going on. He slows down the diesel to about 5 M.P.H. and tells Jim to get out and uncouple the cars. Jim does so  and Mike speeds up into a siding. He hits the brakes and jumps out. He lands in  a field of cat tails and hears a gigantic bang! The side of the body falls off and every one could plainly see the motor was on  fire! Quickly, Mike got back into the cab and got the extinguisher and put out the fire. The motor stopped and the nightmare was over. A GP35 came and took the train over to a siding. 2 SD40-2s dragged #200 into the shops. Jim came back and saw the madness. His moth dropped and so did the yard manager. All Mike could say was,
   "Can I go home?"

The End

youtube account

Michigan Railfan

Great stories! Did you get a grade on them yet?

jettrainfan

Yep, 2 100%s I got confused why i didn't get any extra notes! so that hurt a bit but i been thinking about it for a good while and decided to put them up here!

youtube account

Michigan Railfan

Sweet. Cool (and funny) words you made up.

jettrainfan

yeah,I got a good laugh too when reading this again. Thanks for the comments!

youtube account