News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

power

Started by tender1, December 14, 2009, 07:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tender1

Hello can some one tell me what type of controller I can up grade to.

Thanks Tender1

jonathan

Tender,

Don't have a frame of reference.  What kind of controller do you have now?  Are you DC or DCC?  How many engines do you want to run? 

Regards,

Jonathan

tender1

Hi I have the Overland Limmited Train which is DC.

mikec069

There are a lot of choices.  I use the Prodigy Advanced 2 by Model Rectifier.  I also have a RailPower 1300 (maker unknown) that I use for my accessories. Like lighted buildings and remote turnouts.  Although I'm migrating to DCC turnouts. SLOWLY 
One thing you need to keep in mind is that non-bachman power packs are, in most instances, not plug-n-run.  You may need to use a different connector to run from the power pack to the track.  Something like the red connector that comes with the standard turnouts.

Hopes this helps
MikeC069

Courage is being the only one who knows your afraid

Heave

I use a old Tech throttle.. those things are tough, bullet proof. Ive only used two total over 30 years.

There is a Digitrax Super Chief DCC. Top of the line years ago but now pretty discounted and still effective with all the latest and greatest. Even run trains by radio if you like. And made here in the USA I believe.

Long ago we would hook battery from a car to a voltage wasting knob and run trains that way. Or a very old power pack turned up all the way to 12 volts or whatever.

Cheers.

jestor

The MRC TECH 4 260 is a nice power pack.....with about twice the power of your set power pack. The MRC TECH 4 280 has two throttle knobs on it to run  two separate loops from one power pack if later you decide to add another loop of track.  Also, the MRC Control Master 20 is a big(10 amp) power pack with a tethered hand held controller that allows you to move around pretty much anywhere in an average sized room.