Kudos to LaserKit by American Builders, Inc.

Started by Robertj668, November 09, 2009, 07:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertj668

Well after I finished my first wooden kit i wanted to get started on another one.  It is  the Two Story Farm House #140.  Well Unfortunately when I opened it a few of the pieces were broken.  Well the Hobby Shop did not have any more so I decided to email the company and see what they could do. I sent the email in the morning and in the afternoon they emailed me back and said that the replacement  parts would be on their way.  This was on Wednesday.  Today, Monday It came in the mail.  I am totally impressed and wanted to share my great experience.

Thank you American Builders Inc!

[/img][IMG]

jonathan

Robert,

Great to hear about another company that sticks up for their product.

Don't forget to share a photo when it's done :)

Jonathan

ebtbob

Robert,

I have building American Model Builder kits for over ten years now and to date have finished about 70 of them in three different scales.   
        I have found that their directions are probably the best on the market making a successful finish VERY probable.   
        You are correct about how much they want to please their customers and will accomidate them with spare parts or replacement parts when necessary.
         For those of you who have never built one of their kits,  my suggestion is to get their kit called Sunny's Shack or one of their Xpress Kits,  small buildings with just a few parts.   These kits will give you a VERY accurate feel for what it is like to build almost any of their kits.
         When my daughter,  Kelly,  was about 15 years old,   I sat her down at the dining room table and gave her one of the Xpress kits to build.  She said,  "Dad,  I have never built any kind of model in my life."    I told her not to worry,  just read the directions.   Without painting the building,  she completed it in about 75 minutes.

Here is a picture of one of the AMB models I have built.http://ebtbob.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/14613/DSC00052.jpg
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

CNE Runner

Robert - I have also built the American Model Builder Farm House and found it to be an excellent kit. One thing I have noticed with laser kit manufacturers is that they are very accommodating to the modeler. On a couple of occasions, I have zigged with my Exacto knife when I should have zagged and had to request a replacement part. Without exception, the manufacturer gladly send a replacement part...free of charge. Northeastern Scale Models is another excellent company that features some kits suitable for the beginner. Like ebtbob, I have built more kits than I have railroad!

Enjoy,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Robertj668

Thanks everyone.

I painted the house body last night. The instructions are great.

etbbob
I like the model. The still offer it.  Did you build the farm house?

Robert

ebtbob

Robert,

The farm house is one that I have not built.   
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Robertj668

Everyone
Well I finished the model.  It took 6 weeks of evenings and a lot of work. Great instructions though it was a little harder than I thought. It does it look beautiful!

jonathan

Very nice work, Robert.  You will be proud to display that on your layout!

Regards,

Jonathan

ebtbob

Nice work Robert.  I hope your experience with that kit encourages you to try more.
    Enclosed is a picture of one of the Laser Kit structures I did.   It is their single stall engine house.   The kit is based off a real structure that originally was a trolley barn.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

WoundedBear

Excellent work.....both of you.

Robert.....did the house have the "peel and stick" trim and windows? How was that to work with? I just cracked my first Laser-Art kit open the other night. It is the Railroad Supply Shed kit #118.

Sid

Robertj668

Bob
That is just beautiful. I would love to be able to get better with the weathering.  I just pretend that all the buildings are new and have not been truly exposed to the harsh-es of time.  We want to get that model next.  And yes I am hooked on the  Wood kits.

Sid

Yes the widows are peal and stick. This set had the parts to it and then the "Glass" windows too.

The outer most part (this is the exterior trim which is the darker blue)
The window frame (this include the fixed top window)
The bottom window (this can be set fully closed or open as you want.

The kits are a lot of fun. I enjoy building them more than plastic ones for some reason.

ebtbob

Robert,

Thankyou for your kind comment on the weathering.   Here is the best tip I can give you......use pictures.    They are invaluable in assisting one on how weathering looks in respects to colors,  streaking,  etc.
       For all reading this,  the LaserKits are the best on the market in my humble opinion because of their instructions.    If you have never built a wooden kit,  get one of their Xpress kits.   They are on the small size but give you a really good idea of what it is like to work with their kits.   They have a website at www.laserkit.com.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress