Education in model railroading?

Started by CNE Runner, November 11, 2009, 10:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNE Runner

Say Jeff - My wife and I used to belong to a motorcycle club called Retreads International. The Retreads host a large rally in Ronks, PA at the Harvest Motel. We used to attend every year and still miss our visits to Miller's Buffet. I think we used to stay at the Countryside Motel in Ronks. The Lancaster area is absolutely beautiful and boasts the Stroudsburg Railroad...a must see destination. Additionally I ferried a couple of airplanes into the Intercourse Airport (or whatever it is called).

Thanks for the memories,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Robertj668

Jim
Did I read correctly?  You have a website for model railroading? That would be educationally great!  ;D
Robert

Jim Banner

One of the websites I look after is for our Saskatoon Railroad Modellers group.  It includes both H0 and large scale.  You can visit it at:
http://members.shaw.ca/sask.rail

I have also started a website on 0n30.  It is pretty much in the planning stages at this point, just proposed articles and a few photographs.  It is at:
http://members.shaw.ca./RockRidgeRailway

Neither website is particularly fancy.  George Schreyer's large scale website was and still is my inspiration - it emphasizes content over glitz.  George originally wrote his web pages in a word processor, and probably still does.  He encouraged me to do the same and for a while I did.  Then I got lazy and started using an HTML editor.  Today I use SeaMonkey Composer but still revert to editing the html manually if things get fouled up.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Robertj668

Jim
Nice Sites. Consider yourself Bookmarked. Looking forward to the updates! I tried to sign the guestbook but it did not allow me.  I will try my firefox Browser later.

Thank you

Robert

PS I just found a nice Rail Road club today. Called Texas Western Model Railroad club. Very nice club with nice people.  It is an hours drive each way and the dues are a bit for someone who would not get there to often but it was fun going to look today!