News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

large scale tweetsie

Started by mf5117, November 15, 2009, 03:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf5117

My girl friend is buying me a Bachmann large scale Tweetsie set for Christmas . I'm not sapposed to know . What I can see is I wish it had brass track . I took down my dads LGB 0-4-0 set I was amazed at the smoothness of the locomotive I did not like the single axle trucks on the rolling stock . He has about 100ft of brass track and I had it strung all threw the house .TO see if I would like large scale . I was impressed  . The thing I liked about the Bachmann rolling stock was the double axle trucks on the rolling stock .

If someone can give me alittle feedback on this set and alittle info on the locomotive and the rolling stock .I thank you . peace mark f       HAPPY HOLIDAYS almost and please remember the troops

mf5117

Hmmmmm haven't got a reply on this yet . What I'm asking is .Does anyone have the G scale Bachmann Tweetsie set . In my previous post I was impressed that Bachmann had 4 wheel double axle trucks on there rolling stock the G scale . where as my dads LGB set the rolling stock seemed light and not stable if you got the string running to fast,due to 2 wheel single axle trucks . Being LGB I figured that the rolling stock would be as well built as the locomotive . I'm just kinda turned off by the hallow galv steel track . That Bachmann offers with this set . .    I do like the lighted boxcar caboose , I'm not sue of the propper name of  it . I do like the smoke and loco sounds that are offered . I did read that some sound equiped locos aren't sync'ed .But I guess I will find this out Christmas day ...Really I can't wait .    I will probley hang it from the ceiling . And lay a small layout in the garden with brass track .   

Thanks to all keep the hobby going

Joe Satnik

1.  Lucky you.

2.  I like my Tweetsie set.  Boxcar, flat with logs, combine.  V5 chassis.  Added 2 other freight cars and 2 turnouts for fun freight operations.   

3.  Sell your set track on e-bay.

4.  For a better response, ask in the "Large Scale" sub-forum.

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Loco Bill

Definitely, a great set, with all the latest improvements. 
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products