News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

East Broad Top and the new 4-6-0

Started by John Tumolo, November 23, 2009, 09:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tumolo

Is the new 4-6-0 in any way (other than wheel configuration) close to the EBT # 8, second #4, or #10?  I may be a Maine 2-footer at heart, but I'm putting together an EBT train consisting of a Deerfield River Laser/Bachmann conversion of combine #16-#18, Bachmann EBT coal cars and an old Quality Craft Models double-sheathed wooden boxcar.  One of the new 4-6-0's would sure make my consist complete, if it's anywhere near correct.  Opinions?  And please, all you rivet counter's -I know the gauge is off by 1/8".  John Tumolo  Britcarfan@aol.com (still building a bit of Maine in my Pennsylvania basement)

ebtbob

John,

My personal opinion is no,  the Bachmann 4-6-0 is not close.  But,  your statement about rivot counters makes you a non-rivet counter,  so,  believing that this hobby is for fun,  and you want the 4-6-0 from Bachmann to be an EBT engine,  then just go for it.   I will have both of my 4-6-0s lettered EBT but the numbers will be 109 and 110.   Of course,  in my mind,  EBT can stand for anything you want.  In my case it stands for EBT.....not necessarily East Broad Top,  just EBT.    Like the Bman says...have fun.
    By the way,  did you ever give any consideration to the Deerfield River Laser EBT caboose?
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtnut

John:  I'll echo Bob's comments.  The EBT Ten-Wheelers were straight-boilered jobs with uneven driver spacing.  There are links in the Friends of the East Broad Top home page that can get you to some pics of the locos.  Just as an FYI, EBT 2-8-0 No. 7 was a duplicate of the D&RGW C-19's.  She was damaged in a shop fire and repaired with a modern steel cab like the ones on the Mikes.  The MMI C-19 is available in On30 if you are interested in looking around.