News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO CLIMAX 2 truck

Started by Ethan, November 15, 2009, 08:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan

anyone know where i can get replacement gears for the truck assembly?  my Climax came with split gears.....     and i'm not interested in mailing the whole thing back to Bachmann and waiting for 2 months..  I just really want the gear..  I can fix it myself.  THANKS!

Ethan

Huntington, WV

rich1998

all i have heard in these forums the past maybe year and a half is bachmann would send a shay as replacement.
nwsl has been working on replacement gears for the climax like they did for the shay.
lex

jerryl

Bachmann will not repair or replace it. production has stopped. they will send you something else.  I think Northwest shortline is working on metal replacement gears.  The ones they made for the shay are on sale now.
  See if Bachmann will help pay for the new gears when they come out. LOL
             Jerry

ABC

There currently are no replacement gears available, but NWSL has them in the works, so you'll have to wait until then. The climax has been out of production for a while now, so you really have no choice but to sit and wait for something to happen, like a re-release of the climax or maybe you would like a shay...

JerryB

If you bought it from a known (or even unknown) dealer, I would tell them it is in unacceptable condition and ask them to replace it. Every vendor has a duty to provide what you ordered in new, operable condition. At minimum, you should be able to get your money back. Failing that, you could offer to post the dealer's name and results of your purchase from them. That usually gets someone's attention. Also, if bought on a credit card, you might dispute the charge with them.

In addition, I would absolutely contact Bachmann service. If all of us take the attitude that we don't want to deal with making them fix their defects, they will never get the message that they need to do a better job of quality control. In that case, we all lose.

I hadn't heard that NWSL is making replacement Bachmann H0 parts, but that is possibly good news. Contacting them, telling them you are a 'customer in waiting' might help speed the process, or at least get you on their contact list.

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

rich1998

i am on dave's, nwsl, email list and he is working on ho climax gears. below is what i copied some months ago

We will definitely do replacement gears for the On30 Shay and Climax as well, but after the HO Climax gears are done.

below is the nwsl link. contact dave. he does answer email, at least for me and others that i know.

http://www.nwsl.com/

dave is rebuilding the nwsl site since he bought it out quite a few months ago so right now some pages are not complete.
lex