Bass Pro Set 90067 from last year on sale for 99.94

Started by Loco Bill, November 14, 2009, 10:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill

Just thought some might be interested! I was in the Bass Pro Shops
Store in St Louis today and found last year's set on sale for $99.94.  I bought one and also got 4 extra straight Sections of track for 1 cent.  Great deal for a nice set.  The loco is a version 5 chassis so great for kitbashing etc.

There were ony 3 available at the St Louis store,  one appeared to be damaged.   I could not find the old set online?
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

doug c

"I could not find the old set online?"

BPS seems to have updated their website in the last 3 wks !   Basically eliminating any reference to last yrs set,  other than last years review page;
http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/103300/reviews.htm
'Product Detail' link button now just goes to a error message

Replaced with pics/info this yrs BPS set seen using  Bills' link within original BPS thread. 

hmmmm maybe take a quick trip out to BPS and see if they figured out how to stoke the engine  in the Xmas display,  and whether they shipped any unsold '08 units up here  (alas probably also with a minimum 25% surcharge). 

doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

The set I got last year from Toledo.OH had faded lettering on all the equipment giving an aged look. Does your set look like that or does it have crisp lettering? At first I thought it was a bad pad stamp job but all the equipment looks the same.

I'm still looking for the 90060 O.S.H. freight set. I've never seen one on EBay or even part of a set.

Wade

NarrowMinded

Loco Bill

Wade they were all that way. I checked every box last year and they were the same faded look. The old ones this year are the same, so I guess it is safe to say that they are all the same faded look.   The new Christmas set has very crisp lettering and logos. 

Sorry to say I have had no luck finding any OSH 90060 sets either.  I would love to have at least the Boxcar in the set.  That was the 75th Anniversary set. 

NM  OSH does not always have a new set each year.

90026 in 1997  was Golden Spike with OSH Boxcar.
90035 in 1999 had the 70th Anniversary Combine
90060 in 2006 was the 75 Anniversary set
90064 in 2007 Sierra Express

There may be others that I don't know about!!

I am looking for info on the 90101 Green Lightning set,  May have been out in 1991 or two.  I have seen hobby shop ads for it as late as 1995 in the old Outdoor Railroader magazine, I need photos & details such as frequencies actual manufacturer date whatever! 

Wade do you have the Green Lightning?? 
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

No, but I may of had a picture from EBay till I lost a hard drive several weeks ago. Thanks for the paint check, It's not to bad since all the cars are like that.

Wade