A short video and a fun pic...

Started by engineerkyle, April 16, 2007, 11:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

engineerkyle

Hi all,

Here is an image of what happened when I put the family pet on the Carlsburg Station, an HO structure I just finished. The photo is unretouched.

And here is a two minute video of model trains passing each other.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3084066728284491288&hl=en

Just sharing...

the Bach-man

Dear Kyle,
Very nice Pogona vitticeps!
What scale is he?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

The Great Destroyer

HEY,
Nice set up!The vid looked great!
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."

Hoople

Quote from: the Bach-man on April 16, 2007, 10:48:19 PM

Very nice Pogona vitticeps!

For people whod don't know the scientific name- Bearded Dragon.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

SteamGene

I thought it was a Godzilla Giganticus! ;D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Stephen Warrington

;D Hehehe, where's my lizard spray LOL! I got one rail fanning  dog named Bismarck and thats good enough for me lol.

Stephen

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I would like to share something with you from Kyle's video.   The train speed.   Many people,  when running model trains,  do not realize how fast their trains are actually running in comparison to the real world.   Kyle,  in this video,  I feel you had your trains running at a realistic speed which gives the viewer are more realistic view and not a toy like view.  Nice job.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

r.cprmier

Kyle, Bob, and all;
Great photo work!  I, along with Bob, will also offer my compliments to Kyle in his speed foresight.  The one pet peeve I have always had is the speed at which a lot of modellers run their trains.  So much effort, time, and money is put into detailing, weathering; etc, and yet, when it comes to speed control, we might as well be pre-schoolers in our concept of it.

Oh by the way, Kyle; what is that "clicking/crunching" sound?  Was it "Godzilla" eating scenery, perchance?  Again, nice work!

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

RAM

Oh he is just tring to be another John Allen.  Have you tried training it to switch cars yet.

engineerkyle

Rich,

When I tell you the what the sound is, I will reveal a model train video secret.
The sound is the steel wheels on the track and other model train soundz.
If it sounds unusual it is because that video is playing in slo-motion.

Like a few have mentioned, the slower the better for freight. So even when I'm filming at a scale 15 MPH I will sometimes edit it in half time. Smooth images, deeper sounds. The middle of this vid is in slo motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svhQnkt_-Lg

please forgive if this is a rerun. EK

chucknlead

Choooooo----------Choooooooo

TallDude

heheh..... for some reason I expected Ultraman to appear in that pic too. I guess I'm showing my age (it was a show from the 70s).

engineerkyle