MTH RailKing Figures for 55n3

Started by hminky, November 19, 2009, 06:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

MTH  makes a set of 120 figures (MTH 30-11043)that are Scale55. There are 10 poses. 10 each of the standing poses. The seated figures fit the Bachmann On30 seats perfectly. Available from $23-$30 The standing figure is 5'-6".

Harold

NWsteam

My good man,

I suggest you read the form rules carefully as your posts are quite on the edge. You have promoted another site and now you are advertising another companies products on Bachmann's forum. I won't think much of it but now you have started multiple threads on your 55n3. This is a great idea to share but NOT advertise. In other words...

Cease and Desist. 

hminky

Quote from: NWsteam on November 19, 2009, 07:59:08 PM
My good man,

I suggest you read the form rules carefully as your posts are quite on the edge. You have promoted another site and now you are advertising another companies products on Bachmann's forum. I won't think much of it but now you have started multiple threads on your 55n3. This is a great idea to share but NOT advertise. In other words...

Cease and Desist. 

I am not promoting a site anymore than my old On30 Pacific Coast Air line Railway. I am not selling the figures. The price is the MSRP on the net. I am just pointing out that they are available.

Even if they are not used for 55n3 they fit the Bachmann On30 passenger cars.

My Scale55 utilizes Bachmann On30 equipment that is modified so I believe it is beneficial to Bachmann .

Harold

Jim Banner

NWSteam,
I don't think you need concern yourself about Harold.  There are administrators and the Bach-Man himself who can warn him if they think it is warranted.

But after reading what you said, I figured it was about time for me to review the guidelines to keep them fresh in my mind.  I was reminded that we should not post competitors' new releases here; nor should we advertise our own goods for sale.  Offering to give someone a part or item not otherwise available to him would seem to be fair game.  And mentioning items made by others for the purpose of enhancing your "Bachmann Experience" seems just fine too.  Regarding that point, I offer the following for your consideration:
QuoteThis forum is provided to discuss Bachmann model trains, associated products and techniques. You may mention and discuss the products of other manufacturers, but please don't use our board for their announcements. Also, please refrain from criticizing other manufacturers, as they are not here to respond.

To my way of thinking, the figures Harold has mentioned are clearly "associated products" and mentioning them in no way denigrates any products that Bachmann Industries produces and sells.  I for one offer Harold my sincere thanks for posting this information and hope that he will be willing to email me to tell me where he bought them (MTH does not list any Canadian dealers.)

As far as Harold posting his progress with his 55n3, I find these threads particularly interesting, perhaps because I too have done some modelling that does not conform to the NMRA scheme of things.  For those not interested in the subject, Harold always puts 55n3 in the title, making it easy to skip these posts.  For those of us who are interested, I hope Harold keeps on sharing, both here and on his website.

Jim 

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

the Bach-man

Dear Harold,
Keep up the interesting work!
I plan on checking out the figures this weekend at the World's Greatest Hobby show in Seattle.
Thanks for the tip!
the Bach-man

hminky

Google "MTH 30-11043" there are a whole bunch of places.

Harold

Ken

Harold

Thanks for the headsup on the MTH figures, will take a closer look at LHS
  later today.

Jim

You will have to make a trip to Calgary "Trains & Such" carry MTH.

Ken Clark
      GWN

NWsteam

Harold,

I apologize for my rude behavior. I mistook you posts as advertisement and took it upon myself to say something (clearly an administrator's job). Please forgive me, haven't been in the best of moods since a dear friend went into the hospital (I know...this is no excuse).

Again my sincerest apologies.

-Brad

jonathan

Harold,

In case you're wondering (or not)...  I am facinated by what you are doing.  You won't get responses from me (this may be the only one).  Your modeling skills are so far beyond my meager capabilities, that I wouldn't know what to say, except things like "whoa" and "cool".  Will continue to read your articles and posts with interest.  I am probably not alone in this sentiment.

Thanks for sharing.

Jonathan