News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

rail joiners for bachmann n gauge track

Started by hd, November 18, 2009, 09:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hd

I am new to n gauge how are the plastic  rail jointers used on ez track n gauge for sidings

the Bach-man

Dear HD,
The plastic joiner causes an electrical gap which can be bridged with an on/off switch to control power to the siding.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Rocky

You might want to look up common rail block control to better understand the use of insulated (plastic) rail joiners. Using the insulated rail joiner will allow you to run multiple trains or make a more prototypical rail yard. Block control is used with dc layouts mostly and is not as necessary with digital layouts although still used. Atlas put out a book on wiring that I found very helpful. You can find quite a bit on the net too. It would not surprise me if Bachmann also had that sort of info either. Using an insulated rail on a siding would allow you to park a train there and turn off the power to the siding. You could then run another train while the first one is parked. With more then one power pack you could control 2 trains independent of each other, while both being on the same track. It can take some effort but the end result is worth it. On my layout (dc) two trains can come nose to nose on the same track, thanks to the insulated rail joiner.

ftauss

If he's using EZ TRack, the switches can provide some blocking. I'm playing with it now to set up a basic layout while I'm working on a "real" layout.

I have 2 loops, one inside the other connected by switches arranged as crossovers. I think I have 3 or 4 blocks already, I going to add some more for sidings and holding tracks.

Good luck.

Frank