News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whats the difference

Started by full maxx, November 19, 2009, 06:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

The Bachmann Explorer Santa Fe and the Bachmann Explorer New York
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jbsmith

Same  base model 2-8-0 Locos, same base model heavyweight passenger cars. Same everything else.

The only differences are the paint jobs on the models, the road numbers on them, and the fact one is ATSF the other NYC.
There is also a UP version out there too.

ABC

I know the Union Pacific heavyweight passenger cars have 3 axle trucks, I have the Bachmann NYC and Santa Fe heavyweights also, but I did not notice how many axles each truck had. But my gut feeling is that one of them had 2 axle truck and the other had 3 axle trucks.

Pacific Northern

The NYC Explorer set has a three wheel observation car and the combine and passenger coach are each two wheel trucks.

While not another Explorer set,  I do have  the Pennsy K-4 passenger set.  In this set  the combine and observation  cars are on three wheels trucks and the passenger coach is on a two wheel truck. I have bought a few additional coaches for this set and they come in both two wheel and three wheel trucks.
Pacific Northern

full maxx

tanks for the replies I was thinking the same thing
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jbsmith

I bought just the Spectrum heavyweight set of 4 cars, the NYC  set.
I believe the same Spectrum heavyweights come in the train set minus the Diner.
The Coach and Combine cars have 2 axle trucks.
The Diner and Observation cars have 3 axle trucks.
Available seperately if you can find them, the Pullman cars have 3 axle trucks.

jbsmith

FULL MAX

right now modeltrainstuff.com has the train sets on sale for $130 if you are
not averse to internet shopping.  That is quite a good deal considering the MRSP is $400 for the set.

UP
http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/product_p/bac-01306.htm

ATSF
http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/product_p/bac-01308.htm

NYC
http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/product_p/bac-01307.htm

They also have some seperately available Spectrum heavyweights too.

full maxx

hey jb thanks for the heads up I was watching two on ebay and one is already above that and the other is not far behind but I know where to get the best deal so far ...thanks again

jbsmith

i just saw those ebay ones,,,one has a SWEET price so far bid wise..
I already got spectrum heavyweights,,,so i won't be bidding, good luck!
you just might win it at that sweet price or close to it!

full maxx

yeah if were looking at the same one I can assure you it will go up before ending cause people have just got to be top bidder at all cost ...if they would wait till the end of the auction it would be a lot cheaper...you know the five minute fight

full maxx

would 50 pieces of 22" radius track new in box be a good deal for $45 bucks

ABC

Quote from: full maxx on November 21, 2009, 01:20:24 AM
would 50 pieces of 22" radius track new in box be a good deal for $45 bucks
If it has the grey roadbed, then I would say for sure. But if it is the black roadbed then it isn't a bad deal, but a better can be had.

full maxx

I got the Explorer New york Central new in box for $131.37 shipped...good deal huh...the wife and Little man will be gone next week thru sunday so I can you know "test it" and make sure it is all good

Pacific Northern

Quote from: jbsmith on November 20, 2009, 11:02:47 PM
I bought just the Spectrum heavyweight set of 4 cars, the NYC  set.
I believe the same Spectrum heavyweights come in the train set minus the Diner.
The Coach and Combine cars have 2 axle trucks.
The Diner and Observation cars have 3 axle trucks.
Available seperately if you can find them, the Pullman cars have 3 axle trucks.

I just bought the Spectrum UP 4 car passenger set and all of the coaches are one three wheel trucks. The cars are the combine, diner, coach and observation.

There appears to be some variations in the sets.
Pacific Northern