News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Yampa Bob

Started by pdlethbridge, November 19, 2009, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdlethbridge

Just got a e-mail from Bob.  He misses being here and making comments. He said to say Hi and he's still kicking. His eyesight is worse and gives him headaches when he tries to read so his wife Jacque has been a big help with this. Hope we will hear from him soon.

CNE Runner

I miss Bob's immense store of knowledge. Thanks for passing on his situation. As an aside, I have worked with folks, whose vision has deteriorated, we used a digital projector to display Internet pages on a blank wall. I wonder if this would be of any assistance to Bob? Digital projectors have come down in price recently...'might give Bob a second chance at rejoining our family.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

pdlethbridge

He'll probably read this

az2rail

Ya, I miss Bob's postings. I always enjoy reading what he [you if your read this] has to say.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

NarrowMinded

Just a question but does Bob have windows and is he aware of the visual aid program that comes with it? I set it up for a friend with macular degeneration and she can use the computer again.

NM

CNE Runner

NM - That's a good suggestion. Perhaps enhanced Windows coupled with a digital projector would bring us future posts from Yampa Bob. We have also used keyboards with very large key/lettering. If needed, I can ask my director where we purchased ours.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

BestSnowman

My best to Bob, miss his wonderful posts!

There are a number of things you can do on Windows to help with low vision. Internet Explorer 7 and later has zoom functionality. I believe all modern browsers support increasing the text size (at least IE, Firefox, and Opera). Opera also has a zoom option like Internet Explorer. There is also a magnifier tool built in (I know its in XP and later, not sure on older versions than that).

You can reduce the screen resolution that will make things look bigger. You can increase the icon and text size system wide but not all third party applications respect this setting.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

Robertj668

Good to hear he is hanging in there!
Robert

PS Hi Bob if your get to read this!

pdlethbridge

Bob is great to have around here. He gave me more headaches than Jim Banner. ;D ;D ;D ;D

BradKT

Yampa Bob helped me a number of times with my layout and I am very much in his debt.  He also taught me how to size and post my layout pics on Photobucket. 

My very best wishes to him...and yes, I miss him, too.

If anyone hears from him, please extend my regards and best wishes.