News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

couplers

Started by donroy2, November 19, 2009, 08:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donroy2

I'm buying a Bachmann steam locomotive for my brother for Christmas. He specified "working front coupler" (double-header service, helper, etc.). Are all your steam locomotive products equipped with working front couplers?...Thank you, donroy2

ABC

I am assuming you are talking about HO steam locos. If that is the case the short answer is no. The USRA 0-6-0 & Vanderbilt, Short-Haul or Slope Tender, 2-6-0 Mogul, 4-4-0 American, and the 2-6-2 Prairie do not have a working/functional front coupler.
All the Bachmann Spectrum line and otherwise "upper tier" (locos that have DCC on board or are DCC Ready) steam locomotives have a working front coupler. These include all the versions of the 4-8-4 (Northerns, Class Js, GS4s, Niagras), the K4 4-6-2 Pacific, the 2-10-0 Russian Decapod, the 80 Ton Three-Truck Shay, the Baldwin 4-6-0 (with 63" or 52" drivers), the USRA 4-8-2 Heavy Mountain, the Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidation, the SY 2-8-2 Mikado, the Richmond 4-4-0 American-Modern, the USRA Light 2-10-2 Santa Fe's, the 2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Locomotive, the 2-10-4 Santa Fe Steam Locomotive (Texas Chugger), the 0-6-0 Saddle Tank Switcher, and the H-4 2-6-6-2 Articulated Locomotive.