News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann #5 turnout

Started by rick1127, November 22, 2009, 08:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick1127

Picked up two (2) #5 trunouts in the easy track.  When I went to added them to my lay out I found out that the straight, or continuation on the main track, will not connect to another track.  Looks like I need to cut out a piece on either the turnout or the piece being add, is this right.
Rick Cohoon
Cape Cod MA.
Rick.Cohoon@comcast.net

the Bach-man

Dear Rick,
Look underneath. The roadbed is pre-scored to break away.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rick1127

Great idea but no, there is no scoring.  I am looking at part # 44565, and I have two (2) and no indication of any preparation to be able to fit other track.  Not sure yet wht to cut it with or what to use to determine the cut.  Will noodle for a while before I start to cut up a new piece, they are kind of exspensive to screw up.
Rick Cohoon
Cape Cod MA.
Rick.Cohoon@comcast.net

James Thomas

The scoring is on the short piece of track, I believe.  Just bend it back and forth with a pair of pliers and the correct shaped piece breaks off.

-JRT

ripvanwnkl

JRT is right.  The scoring is on the short (2 1/4") that came with the turnout.  In case that one's defective, Bachmann EZ track item #44513 is a pack of four 2 1/4" straights, all of which have scoring for use with EZ track's larger turnouts or other cramped track situations. 

Good luck! 
Dave
USAF (Retired)

rick1127

OK found it.  That should work great.  thanks
Rick Cohoon
Cape Cod MA.
Rick.Cohoon@comcast.net