News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

1:20.3 scale Side Dump Car

Started by pcshay7, November 24, 2009, 02:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcshay7

Bach Man, Our logging museum, Camp 6 Logging Museum in Tacoma, Washington, has two (2) of your Side Dump Cars in "P" scale (Prototype 12" to 1 foot) that we are preparing to restore. They were owned by the Polson Brothers timber operations in the early 1900's. Our problem is that they are in very bad shape. Our inquiry to you is: Do you have drawings of this equipment or other materials that would help us in our endeavor of bringing these two cars back to life? We would be more than happy to cover document reproduction costs. The "We" is Tacoma Chapter, National Railway Historical Society, the operators of Camp 6.   Thank You for producing the 1:20.3 & On30 scale models of this car. And if you are interested, we have an early 1900's ex-Polson now Rayoneer # 3 "home-built" wood caboose built on a cut-down center sill log car that was rebuilt into a flat car then into a caboose. This car would fit right in with your logging line of equipment.

Rick Bacon, Museum Director & Chapter V.P.
camp6museum@harbornet.com

www.camp-6-museum.org/c6.html

the Bach-man

Dear Rick,
Although I couldn't make it to your museum this past weekend when at the World's Greatest Hobby show in Pulyallup, I was able to visit a few years ago, and I was quite impressed!  It's a great display!
As far as our gon is concerned, it was built from plans supplied by Curt Johnson, who wrote the Pacific Coast book. It is a model of a one-of-a-kind car that was home-built by the railroad. There are plans of a couple of similar cars in the book. Are these the cars you have?
You can check out his site here:
http://homepage.mac.com/curtissjohnson/Menu2.html
Good luck!
the Bach-man