narrow gage question for bach-man

Started by mclarenman4ever, November 25, 2009, 06:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mclarenman4ever

i got a suggestion to the bachmann thomas the tank desine team, how about the narrow gage engins? i love those ones, but i , like others, don't have the training, expirience, or time to build them from scratch. maybe you guys could make sir handle, peter sam, duncon, duke, skarloie, and the other original ones. they sould either be ho scale, or n scale that can occomidate ho scaled people, and also a few diff. kinds of rolling stock. like slate cars, breakvans, and the coaches with the faces on them.i know you guys just finished making salty, and maybe you guys would consider making these ones... what do you say bachmann?

Michigan Railfan

This has been discussed before. Assuming you're new to this board, you probably havn't seen all of the posts on this discussion. The chances of Bachmann making the narrow gauge engines is a zero. The reason for this is because Bachmann would have to make all new track, or else the engines would be terribly out of scale (if they ran on normal E-Z track)with the other, more common engines(ie. Thomas, James, etc). Just thought I'd let you know :)

thomasj219

UGGGGGHH again.... Its never going to happen EVER I wish it would but it wont i wish people would stop bringing it up, ( Not youyour new)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

jettrainfan

GG is gonna have his buffers for this! ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

mclarenman4ever

ok, i see know. i just thought there was hope, because i just use the narrow gage "take along" and put the rail cars wheels onthem. well, if they don't make them..... can we al least have the classic engins before we get newer ones like salty?

thomasj219

They seem to be doing engines from series 1-7 first, but i just called BACHMANN and they guy said when I asked him if because no engines for HO were announced that there would be no engine next year he said no and they have at least 3 to 4 engines planned to come out next year and they have been in the works for some time. He also said the big problem is not producing models it getting HiT to agree. When I asked him about Whiff Duck Donald & Douglas he said he couldn't say but I think we have a good shot of getting them!!!!
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

mclarenman4ever

yes! i hope we get duck, the twins, and maybe oliver or stepney. its hard to get things to ship from the u.k to america. walthers should have the pre-orders for the new engines soon, hopefully

razgriz233

don't feel bad, ive been on this topic for a long time. I mean if it could only happen, but it doesn't look good. and its not true u have to make new track just use n-scale track, just do a reverse effect like the do with narow guadge o scale trains they use ho scale track

mclarenman4ever

ok, since the narrow gage isn't being made, can someone tell me what engine i need to fit into a take along peter sam and sir handle?

shining time

take it easy on him he's new you did this to me when i started
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

razgriz233

i know, im just screwing with him. lol

The Chaz Storm

Three or four engines next year?  Well this makes up for no new engines this year (not counting Salty).  Maybe it could be the Duck, Donald, Douglas, and Whiff rumor back then.  Maybe it was true and the guy I talked to one time wanted to keep it secret.  If it isn't those four, here's what I see happening in terms of groups of four engines at a time coming out:

1. Duck and the Diesels
Duck
Diesel
Arry
Bert

2. Engines 8-11
Duck
Donald
Douglas
Oliver

3. Newer characters with Diesel
Rosie
Stanley
Arthur
Diesel

4. The start of adding season 2 characters to the range
Duck
Diesel
Donald
Douglas

So either way I see one or more season 2 characters coming out next year, so rest assured I am sure we will be happy and satisfied with the selection of engines that Bachmann will pick next year.

mclarenman4ever

the way i see it, theres only a few engines left to make, so it appers that any of these combinastions are going to be correct.

shining time

yes i  hope its these ones that chaz mentioned

2. Engines 8-11
Duck
Donald
Douglas
Oliver
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

trainguy111

According to our friends at wikipedia, the best scales for modeling narrow gauge are HOn3.5, HOm, HOn3, HOn30, and HOe.