Working smoke in the On30 Spectrum logging engines

Started by mleich, November 26, 2009, 10:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mleich

Does the Bachman Spectrum On30 Logging Steam Engines have working sync puffing smoke?
Is there any after market conversion for adding this?

Thank You.
Marc

the Bach-man

Dear Marc,
None of our On30 locos have smoke. Remember, smoke is made by vaporizing oil, and what goes up...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Tomcat

Marc,
you can´t find puffing smoke on any all available On30 engines. The mechanic parts take their toll to be hidden somewhere in the boiler (No I don´t say that this can´t be done, but there is another disatvantage: all puffing smoke units take away the effort of having Flywheels on the motors - the piston systems puts the brakes on...), by heart I did take this off my two Weaver O-Scale 2-Rail steamers and guess what: They run by far better now...

Plus-it´s like the Bach-man said: Its vaporized oil, you can put a lot of oil and smear on such a brilliant model. This collects dust enourmously, so there´s another negative issue..

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

NarrowMinded

Hi, to amuse my kids I buy dry ice and drop little pieces in the smoke stack its not great but the kids love it. it lasts as long as a smoke unit or longer that would fit in that space and leaves nothing to clean up. it does not leave a trail of smoke in the air only the appearance of smoke coming out at the stack.

NM