Slow Downloading from Bachmann Web Site

Started by jsmvmd, April 18, 2007, 08:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

My computer is hooked up to DSL @ 100Mbps and is pretty doggone fast. However, the downloading time between and in the forums is slower than a turtle on this site.

Is this an issue with other users, or is it just me?  If it is due to security tools that the Administrator has used, that is fine with me.

Thoughts, anyone?

Best, Jack

GN.2-6-8-0

Rocky Lives

NelsOn-30

Monday morning (16th) my browser timed out and showed this site was not available.

With persistence I was able to get in and found navigation within the site slow.

Logging onto the site is still slow but navigation within the site has improved.

I’m across the continent and this is my experience and not a complaint.
Nelson

Notka Lake Logging & Navigation RR

HoboHarley

I have DSL and the downloading is running quite slow

weaham

It's slow slow slow. The old way was much faster. :-[ :-[ :-[

Sam Clavis

Slow for me too, but it could be that we have used up all of our gigs for the month so we are running at dial up speed. Also how do you think it was for me yesterday. One of the telecom routers in Auckland (where I live) got a fault and made most of their broaband users have no internet or veeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyy slow internet for 5 hours.
Im from New Zealand
Modelling Early Period BR in OO scale.
Sam

rogertra

I'm on DSL and yes, this week, the forum has been veeeeery slow loading, both for the home page and between threads once on the site.

Rich R

Yup! Same here and been that way for more than a few days.
Everything else is seemingly normal however. I have heard from others that some other sites are running slow. Guess it depends on where you are?
I've also noticed that everything slows to crawl at  around 1800hrs during the week. Not so much on week ends. Back to normal by 2030hrs.

Cheers,
Rich R

rikc9

Wednesday evening 7:39pm est. Sure is slow now. I am on Charter cable.
When I logged in it took 35 seconds after I clicked OK to get to the messages.
My 48 year old stepson is a computer programmer and reminds me quite often that, "The Geeks Have Won. Deal with it".

rikc9

the Bach-man

Dear All,
My pages open almost instantly on FIOS. Maybe it's your ISP.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Craig

Yes, that's a fact. The server has been extremely slow this week. I don't see how it can be related to anyone's ISP.

Seasaltchap

I wish to confirm that the site has been slow for me, and often comes up with error message that the site is not available, suggesting there is too much traffic for the server.

Regards
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

rogertra

Quote from: the Bach-man on April 18, 2007, 11:25:50 PM
Dear All,
My pages open almost instantly on FIOS. Maybe it's your ISP.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

I don't think it has anything to do anyone's ISP with half a dozen unrelated users reporting probems, it must be at the Bachmann end.

JEPProperties

Very slow here for a couple of days also....

The Great Destroyer

Yeah,
I have dsl and I can load any page up in a snap 'cept this one.It took 1min 20 sec. for me to log in.That is very slow.It is not isp causing it.I can go to Bot talk and load up a forum 10 times the size of this one in a second or 2.So just to agree with everyone it is on the Bachmann end.
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."