thunderbolt express set

Started by gunrunner, December 03, 2009, 11:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunrunner

Loco Bill
I snagged one over the weekend
"as seen on tv"
about how old is it ?
do you want a picture before I tear into it ?

Loco Bill

Gunrunner,

Your Thunderbolt Express set #90011 was one of the original electric sets made by Bachmann.  It was made from 1989 to 1992, and it was in the catalog during the same period.   It was a very popular set and very reasonably priced back then.  I have always liked the Santa Fe paint scheme on the loco!   It has the version 2 chassis. (the first electric chassis)

The only down side is that the version 2 chassis has a very weak drivetrain.  Be sure to lube all the moving parts with plastic compatible lube and don't overload the loco by pulling too many cars with it!!

Thanks for the offers of photos, I always appreciate offers for photos but in this case I do have good quality pics for the record.

Now if you find a Green Lightning set let me know right away!!

Break into that baby and have fun!!!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

NarrowMinded

Loco, there is a green lightning set on ebay right now I wonder if this is what you are looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bachmann-Radio-Controlled-G-Scale-Big-Hauler-Train-Set_W0QQitemZ260517696875QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item3ca810956b

Loco Bill

Hey Thanbks for the green lightning URL!!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

NarrowMinded

Your very welcome, let me know if there are any others you are searching for I will keep an eye out while surfing the net.

NM