News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

track connectors

Started by supcoinc, December 04, 2009, 09:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supcoinc

what kind of track connectors do you use on curve sections? I have straight connectors but when used on curve section it slants the track upwards on one side and the train has the tendency to fall over. A picture would be handy!

Jon D. Miller

If I understand the Bachmann DVD that deals with track, among other things, there are two track clips.

The longer clip used for straight track and a shorter clip used for curves.

Sorry, don't have a picture.  Joe Satnik will be able to answer your question with authority. 

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Loco Bill

There are rail joiners and joiners for the plastic ties.  The rail joiners are the same, but the tie joiners are different as JD says.  The short ones are used on the straights and the long ones on the curves!!

Have fun!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

There are 2 sizes of plastic clips for the Bachmann G track: shorter and longer.

Shorter:  for connecting curve to curve.

Longer:  for connecting straight to straight, or straight to curve. 

The clips are marked on their sides in small letters. 

You may need to put on your reading glasses or use your magnifying glass to read them.

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

on30gn15

Here's photos.

Two sizes of connectors

Long one is straight to straight and straight to curve.
Short is curve to curve.
All of that is abbreviated in something like 9 hairs tall raised letters on side of clip.
Get out that old electron microscope you nicked from kindergarten science lab to read it.

They go in notches of end ties and snap over tabs on ties

These are straight sections. Curves I have have longer tabs, making connectors a bit of a chore to get on and then remove.

Sometimes connectors distort ties.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

on30gn15

Wow  :o awesome macro function on this thing! Man, the stuff ya learn after having the camera 150 days  ;D

When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest