Does Bachmann make Diesels (GP38's)with DCC and Sound?

Started by Bluegill1, December 03, 2009, 08:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluegill1

I see a whole bunch of Steam Locos with DCC and sound but it seems like Deisels are hard to find with DCC and Sound. Are they not produced, no demand ?
I'm not the "tinkering " type. I need to buy Deisels with factory installed DCC and Sound. Does Bachmann make such a thing? Future plans?

Thanks,
David

ABC

No Bachmann diesels currently come with factory sound and there are no plans at this time for them to come with factory sound. Try BLI or Proto 2000.

Bluegill1

Thank you.
I have several Bachmann diesels, GP35 #60704, SD40 Spectrum #82717, and two from a starter set (Digital Commander), all are "DCC On Board" from the factory. I'm using EZ Command, can I install sound in these engines?
I'm a newbie, with no knowledge of whose sounds are better than another. What manufacturer would you reccommend? Are they easy to install? Plug and play or is there some modifications to do?

ABC

The GP35, FTA, and GP40 (the 2 locos included in the digital commander) would be difficult for 2 reasons. You would be hard pressed to find enough room for a good size quality speaker and baffle and you would have to hard wire in the sound decoder (there is no 8-pin socket).
The SD40, would allow you to buy a sound decoder with an 8-pin plug at the end of the harness. But it is still hard to find room for a good deep bass speaker and baffle. Perhaps try a QSI sound decoder in the SD-40, but for the other three (the GP-40, GP-35, and FTA) I would wait until you are more experienced, and even then it would require some work to come up with enough space for everything, or it wouldn't sound very good if you used a really small speaker.
If you are set on getting diesel locomotives with sound by either a Broadway Limited, Atlas, or Proto 2000 engine that comes with factory installed sound.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: ABC on December 05, 2009, 01:34:20 PM
The GP35, FTA, and GP40 (the 2 locos included in the digital commander) would be difficult for 2 reasons. You would be hard pressed to find enough room for a good size quality speaker and baffle and you would have to hard wire in the sound decoder (there is no 8-pin socket).
The SD40, would allow you to buy a sound decoder with an 8-pin plug at the end of the harness. But it is still hard to find room for a good deep bass speaker and baffle. Perhaps try a QSI sound decoder in the SD-40, but for the other three (the GP-40, GP-35, and FTA) I would wait until you are more experienced, and even then it would require some work to come up with enough space for everything, or it wouldn't sound very good if you used a really small speaker.
If you are set on getting diesel locomotives with sound by either a Blue Line Industries, Atlas, or Proto 2000 engine that comes with factory installed sound.
Who are  Blue Line Industries?
Are you thinking of Broadway Limited Import's line of BlueLine DC with sound engines?
Pacific Northern

ABC

Quote from: Pacific Northern on December 05, 2009, 03:08:44 PM
Who are  Blue Line Industries?
Are you thinking of Broadway Limited Import's line of BlueLine DC with sound engines?
Yeah thanks, that's what I meant, when you're sleep deprived you do stupid things like that, boy I look like a idiot...