News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

american hornby

Started by mclarenman4ever, December 06, 2009, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mclarenman4ever

does anybody have a link for a store that has hornby in the U.S.A? U.S.A ONLY, i cant inport stuff, plez and thanx! ;D

thomasj219

No why cant you import stuff
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

panniertankboy8751

http://www.hornby-usa.com/

Selection is limited and there is no Thomas stuff

tac

There is no Thomas stuff because the Hornby version of Thomas is not licensed to be sold in the USA, only the UK.

That is why you can buy Bachmann Thomas products in the USA, but NOT in UK.

There are a number of threads covering good dealers here in UK who WILL sell you Hornby Thomas products, but you should be aware that they are made to a different scale than the Bachmann models, and are, in fact, considerably bigger - they do NOT go together.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

jettrainfan

I bought a old 0-6-0 tank engine off eBay back in February, they do NOT like switches. All switches are to these poor foreigners on E-Z track is a speed bump. It's actually kind of sad to see this happen to it because u cant fix/modify anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

StanierJack

Quote from: tac on December 06, 2009, 03:37:55 PMyou should be aware that they are made to a different scale than the Bachmann models, and are, in fact, considerably bigger - they do NOT go together.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Actually, they are about the same. As someone who works with OO, and someone who owns both models, they measure up to be about the same. They will look good next to your Bachmann items.

Disregard the O scale, and you'll see Hornby and Bachmann together looking ok. There are several other people who use the forum who can guarentee you that Hornby will be ok.

Plus, if you use a decent track make like Peco, rather than E-Z, than you should have no trouble :)

panniertankboy8751

Quote from: jettrainfan on December 06, 2009, 04:55:33 PM
I bought a old 0-6-0 tank engine off eBay back in February, they do NOT like switches. All switches are to these poor foreigners on E-Z track is a speed bump. It's actually kind of sad to see this happen to it because u cant fix/modify anything.

I'm not so sure. My Pannier negotiates my E-Z switchs fine, and thier about 4 years old.

trainguy111

Choo Choo Barn used to sell them.

panniertankboy8751

alex wittman

Quote from: StanierJack on December 06, 2009, 05:11:21 PM
Quote from: tac on December 06, 2009, 03:37:55 PMyou should be aware that they are made to a different scale than the Bachmann models, and are, in fact, considerably bigger - they do NOT go together.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Actually, they are about the same. As someone who works with OO, and someone who owns both models, they measure up to be about the same. They will look good next to your Bachmann items.

Disregard the O scale, and you'll see Hornby and Bachmann together looking ok. There are several other people who use the forum who can guarentee you that Hornby will be ok.

Plus, if you use a decent track make like Peco, rather than E-Z, than you should have no trouble :)

where did you get the O scale engine and track, I am working on the G scale RWS series, but i have been dieing to work on O scale, not that 3 rail crap. but just wondering.