How do these preform?
how do these pull?
Run?
are they worth my money?
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

anoldrail

I own two of them from Bachmann.  For the most part, they will out pull any of my other 22 steam locomotives, with or without traction tires.

Like any new locomotive, you must take the time to properly break it in.  That is a must if you want it to run well.

Mine are converted to DCC and they have very good low speed movement, as well as the mid and high ends. 

If I didn't have a couple now, I would concider getting another to be sure.
Regards
Dick
Remember: Cornfield meets really mess up the corn

The Great Destroyer

Hi,
Man I've had nothing but problems with my J.But my 4-8-4 Northern probably the best train I own.(Although I only own 5 N scalesand 3 H/O scales)I have 3. 4-8-4 Js and the one I bought new has given me more problems than my old Ford car.If you could think of anything that could go wrong has.Get this lol.The day I got it in the box was smashed.One of the under runner cables under the cab was broke.I figured no big deal.I broke it in.The second time I went to use it motor  seized up.I fixed that.Ran it the forth time the little plastic coupler that goes to the tender broke only pulling a mere 5 cars.Went to run it yesterday all the right side wheels kept poping off.Unfortunatly,I hate that train.I'm scared to run my others.Probably send the one in and sell the other 2.Sorry for the complaint board but yes the regular 4-8-4 is the best one I've had.
                                     Destroyer
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."