Thinking real big, staying small... whole house in N scale

Started by ease in N/027, December 07, 2009, 12:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ease in N/027

Anyone run a n scale layout just around the walls of a room? or a whole house (inside of course)?...

I could do it with my O27 Lionel stuff but...  in N scale?

What kind of transformer would be needed to circle a 20 by 10 ft living room? I would need multiple power feeds right? -how far apart?

anyone ever do this/seen in done in N?

jwoj69

Quote from: ease in N/027 on December 07, 2009, 12:58:07 AM
Anyone run a n scale layout just around the walls of a room? or a whole house (inside of course)?...

I could do it with my O27 Lionel stuff but...  in N scale?

What kind of transformer would be needed to circle a 20 by 10 ft living room? I would need multiple power feeds right? -how far apart?

anyone ever do this/seen in done in N?
It can be done, I'm trying to finish room 18x12. with amp power supply on DC You can do feeds every 15ft to make it solid. I would still g with power booster. N scale allow You to lay a lot more track while maintaining reach detail. It's just  a  lot of work...
jack

James in FL

It can be done...where there is a will there is a way...
I'm kind of envisioning shelves up high, above door/window level.
The draw back there would be dust on the track and how to remove it, but could be dealt with in several ways and definitely not a deal breaker.

The rail would have to be far back enough from the center of the room edge or the shelve would need some sort of lip to keep a derailed train from falling to the floor. A lip may pose some viewing issues.

Possibly glass shelves could be used with a ½'' or so Plexiglas strip, connected with clear silicone, attached vertically to the viewing edge.

Lot's of possibilities to consider.
Again it can be done.
Let us know how it works out.

Good Luck.