Main Menu

dear mr bachmann

Started by ivorno1, December 10, 2009, 03:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivorno1

how wide, tall and long is your thomas layout

the Bach-man

Dear Ivor,
Both Sodor layouts (the second now on display at Enyertrainment Junction in Ohio) are 4' x 8'. The highest scenery point is about 30" above "sea level"; the third level trackage is about 18" above the first.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: the Bach-man on December 10, 2009, 11:50:39 PM
Dear Ivor,
Both Sodor layouts (the second now on display at Enyertrainment Junction in Ohio) are 4' x 8'. The highest scenery point is about 30" above "sea level"; the third level trackage is about 18" above the first.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Th-there was a duplicate made?  :o

I'm actually surprised. How often is the layout usually taken to shows?

ivorno1

could you get some track plans of it

ivorno1

sorry to bother you but how much would it cost me to build a layout like that

DealAjani

Quote from: ivorno1 on December 11, 2009, 03:14:57 PM
sorry to bother you but how much would it cost me to build a layout like that

Probably at least $1000 USD, but we'll let the Bachmann answer that.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The first layout travels with the World's Greatest Hobby on Tour, but will also be shown at the next Springfield (Amherst) show.
The second layout is a bit different in terms of scenery, but shares the same basic track plan, which is two ovals on the lower level, two in the middle, and one on top.
Your budget will depend on how many trains you buy, as well as the buildings you choose. The foam and other scenic materials are quite reasonable.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ivorno1

how long do you think it would take me to build

panniertankboy8751

Can we please get a track plan? Becuase I'm starting my MR today, and I think I might use this. (Hopefully)

Cheeky_ULP

The only thing I think we really need to know is the radius of each of the curves. Mind filling us in?  ;)

panniertankboy8751

It appears to be 18" radius. Look at the box the track comes in. I happen to know that it is 18" curves in there.  :)

Matthew

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: panniertankboy8751 on December 12, 2009, 09:19:51 PM
It appears to be 18" radius. Look at the box the track comes in. I happen to know that it is 18" curves in there.  :)

Matthew
There's obviously more than one...

panniertankboy8751

I checked the products and It definantly is 18"

Matthew

Michigan Railfan

Sparks, what pannier is trying to say is that the Worlds Greatest Track pack comes with 18" radius. Thats what he was talking about. ;)